Difference in a Scubapro parts Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECpirates96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is the difference in the Scubapro Mark 25 parts kit with 10750041 verses the current 10750045?

I guess all the kits are now desiganted with the 45 so what changed?

It is my impression that Scubapro may change the parts in a service kit fairly often, perhaps annually. I suspect this is due to failure patterns revealed by parts orders and known wear patterns of service type parts. These changes generally do not involve a service kit p/n change. the change from 041 to 045 may just have been to put a clear line in the sand. Often it involves a change in packing container but sometimes it is just different parts that show up.

The current Mk25 kit seems to allow replacement of all o-ring. Previous kits had a much lower o-ring count as most static o-rings were expected to be reused. In the late '90s, the 10-750-041 was for the Mk20 and included the 1 LP piston o-ring and the plastic back up ring used at the time plus a few other parts. As Scubapro moved to the Mk25 and the composite piston upgrade was applied to Mk20s that were having problems with the older pistons, the BU rings was replaced with the 2 LP piston o-rings now found in almost all Mk20/25 but the p/n remained -041.

If you are having to scrounge for parts kits, you may need to take a peak inside to see if all the things you need are included. Heck, there was a time when the G250 kit included both the S-wing poppet assembly and a new balance chamber. That was great for those of us upgrading old Balanced Adjustables. Older G200 (109) kits used to include the duro poppet assembly - great for DIYers upgrading 109s. Then, for a spell they just included the new LP seat. Now the -045 G200 kit includes the duro poppet assembly again. DIYers looking to upgrade 109 need to seek out those kits so separate sourcings of duro poppets can be avoided.

Texfrazer posted a chart with the 10750045 and others here. All the kits I have are the 045's.

Actually, what you really need is the seat, what's nice to have are the air filter, the bushings and maybe the sleeves; the rest are pretty much standard o-rings, and only 3 of them are formally designated as annual replacement items: the HP -010 EP85 and the 2 piston crown -022 EP80.

1. One nice change is the little push pins to secure the face plates - they no longer have that annoying notch on the end.

2. Europeans tend to have fewer parts in the kits considered annual replacement parts than Americans. I assume because we have an excess number of attorneys and an overly litigious society in general.

3. Changes in the kits tend to be evolutionary. For example, Scubapro added a rubber TIS bushing to the Mk 25 kits, then added a second larger diameter one that went over the top of the first one, and now will be using a single bushing of the same larger diameter as some of the older ones had a tendency to roll up into a ring.

4. Kits also change over time to accomodate the retrofittable engineering of new designs into older ones. The S-wing, duro poppets and balance chambers are a good example - they show up for a few years to allow older regs to be upgraded to the current standard at no extra cost, then they go away. (Although those parts can make a return in the kits if shops start having to order a large number of them as replacement parts.)

5. In some cases older kits are pretty much useless. The original Mk 16/18 kit for example has the wrong seat for any MK 16 or Mk 18 that has been upgraded to Mk 17 or Mk 19 (internal) status.

Thanks DA. I don't know if you got your answer at Beneth the Sea but I asked the local tech on that extra O ring in the MK17 kit and he told me it was for the swivel turrent on the European MK19. He said he uses them as break aways. Passed my Master test tonight. Only 2 more dives left to complete. Give me a call when you are down my way.

Back
Top Bottom