Difference between WW and CW gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would someone mind clarifying what cold water is for Underthesea81? I forgot the cutoff temp which would require sealed regs.

I know here in Monterey we have 52F water which some consider cold, but we don't have to worry about reg freeze up, unlike those diving under ice.
Just a little input, we don't want to load a new diver with mistaken information. :wink:

I would consider that cold water, but im sure there are plenty others who do not.
:)

I would consider that cold water, but im sure there are plenty others who do not.
:)

True but it's not cold enough to worry about your reg freezing.
I just don't want you to spend a bunch more money getting a high tech reg for ice diving when you're not even going near the stuff. :wink:

That's for sure, gonna enjoy the warm waters for a bit! :)

Would someone mind clarifying what cold water is for Underthesea81? I forgot the cutoff temp which would require sealed regs.

I know here in Monterey we have 52F water which some consider cold, but we don't have to worry about reg freeze up, unlike those diving under ice.
Just a little input, we don't want to load a new diver with mistaken information. :wink:

The definition of "cold water" depends on who you're talking to. Water temps in Puget Sound at the moment are running between 42 and 45 degrees, depending on dive site and depth ... and I have a friend showing up from Alaska in a couple of days for what she's referring to as "warm water diving".

Generally speaking, we don't worry too much about regulator types here ... I think it has to be down near freezing temps before that becomes a real concern. We do get freeflows occasionally here, but it usually means the reg's in need of service.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom