Difference between old Scubapro MK25/A700 and the MK25 EVO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just holding it in my mouth, the main thing I noticed was the weight difference and the size. As far as a blind test (if you could ignore the differences mentioned above) I would agree that it might be hard to notice the difference. Both are great regs, I was just noting the differences I noticed:).

Here is Rene from Scubapro discussing the differences. He says the internals are the same as the S600, but the air barrel is different and you cannot upgrade to it.

As an aside, this is SB after all, I took out a D300 yesterday, my umpteenth attempt getting one to not leak. Anyway, it breathed beautifully.

On my second dive I dove a G250 and honestly initially I thought I must have the Venturi on min and adjustment knob screwed in, I didn't. In "felt" harder to breathe in comparison. My G250 functions as it should and cracks at around .9". After about 5 minutes I got used to the way it breathes and it felt fine.

On the third dive I dove a conshelf and in comparison to the G250 it initially felt harder, but again after about 5 mins I got used to it and it felt fine.

My point/s, IMO, a) the D series breathe beautifully, a noticeable notch or three above the others and b) bottom line after a few minutes it seems that most regs feel ok and are perfectly adequate. Unless doing back to back dives using different regs regardless of stated/advertised performance one gets used to them and they all breathe well enough, or even nicely. Brain burn.

I'd prefer a D series for the rest of my diving life but would be happy enough having any of the regs I own as my last.

Last edited:
That's a lie actually, I have an addiction that will never allow me one reg. There's always "just one more"...

An updated DAAM/RAM (Cyclone) or a PRAM (Phoenix), both with HPR second stage, or dare I say it, a Kraken should be next..... :stirpot:

then again, a Pilot or Converted Pilot, or now that you have the D-series figured out, an Air1.... :gas:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom