Did my camera have a case of DCI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
....On the surface the camera worked without a hitch - worked ok at 15', then when I got down to about 20' it kept shutting itself off. Battery was full....Back up on the surface the camera worked ok again...any ideas?

Make sure your camera is seated properly in the housing and try again. Sometimes the mode dial/on-off doesn't go in just right and housing squeeze at depth will make the controls malfunction. I have my fingers crossed.

Menehunes :wink:

62.gif

Whack it a good one! :D

jlyles idea makes sense. I've had mine just a scooch off and several of the buttons didn't work.

yes, it does make sense and most likely was the case

Would't'cha know it - I find all the really cool stuff when I don't have the camera with me! I had 3 parties wanting to buy CD's, PLUS I had the Christmas stuff with me for the goofy UW Christmas pictures! Rat's Rat's Rat's!

justleesa, I had an Ikelite MD housing for a FM2 w/ motordrive that would "freeze up" at about 110'. Like clockwork. All the controls were easily operable at that depth except *sigh* the shutter.

All the best, James

I think it is case of Camera, DCI....send it to me and I will put it in the camera recompression chamber. Will try with Navy Table 5.6 and if that doesn't work move it up to Navy Table 11. If it doesn't make it, I'll let you know.. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom