Did my 1st dive in Freeport today since 1968

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rod.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Did 1 dive today at Pretender Wreck. Good viz >16m / 50' and temp 24C / 78F. Probably 10+ sharks, 2 'cudas, and various reef life. Not nearly the same coral life as I remember, though. I've 10 more dives this week so a good start today!

Rod.

I hear you. I was born and raised in Florida, diving since the late 60's. The change in the corals, especially in the keys, is terrible. I remember whole reefs of beautiful elkhorn and staghorn corals....mostly all gone. The bright colors have mostly become shades of tan and brown. I won't even dive there anymore.

Great! Go for it.

Good Luck & Good Diving.

I dove with Viva as they're in the hotel I'm in, but I'm booked with Grand Bahama Scuba for the rest of the week. I just found out, though, that Monday has been scrubbed because of winds. Looks like I need a Plan B...

Good for you Rod, hope you have a blast!! My wife and I dove with them over Thanksgiving. Hopefully Mallory is still there as a DM, she was great with us. Good luck with the weather.

I dove with Viva as they're in the hotel I'm in, but I'm booked with Grand Bahama Scuba for the rest of the week. I just found out, though, that Monday has been scrubbed because of winds. Looks like I need a Plan B...

Go see my old pal Jenk's up the beach next door,I know you get food and drink inc. but darn the conch fritters rock!! at the SandBar/aka,,Margaritaville

Good for you Rod, hope you have a blast!! My wife and I dove with them over Thanksgiving. Hopefully Mallory is still there as a DM, she was great with us. Good luck with the weather.

Yes, Mallory was with us, but with a cert dive. I showed my photos afterwards and she signed my log.
The weather is OK but not great. Monday was scrubbed because of wind but got out for 2 dives today with GB Scuba. Good viz of 50'+, but choppier than I liked for the trip out, and a fair bit of current too.

Go see my old pal Jenk's up the beach next door,I know you get food and drink inc. but darn the conch fritters rock!! at the SandBar/aka,,Margaritaville

Thanks for the tip on the fritters! Had some at Deadman's Reef yesterday and another restaurant east of the hotel the day before, but neither were up to standards, so I be trying Sandbar next!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom