Did I say something wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shakehead::rofl3:AH. I see your curious. OK, point blank. The posts were trying to goad others to engage, several were just flat out off topic, and one in particular should have just earned a vacation for being offensive and attacking. :rofl3:A few others in another thread were removed as its bashing of a user, one even admitted thread bashing, and bullying. All of :coffee:which are against the TOS. Do I need to send individual PM's documenting all of this and putting the offenders on watch lists or is this going to be the drop of it? I'd prefer this be the end of it and take notes on what was removed and don't duplicate those efforts in the future. :confused:

:popcorn:Sorry I didn't send a PM, I've been a little preoccupied with a misbehaving backup server and voice mail server that want special attention right at a very crucial point during our annual Charity Angel Ball at work... OH and Comcast finally figured out what wasn't working on my home HSD line, thus your answer now.:dork2::10:

:shakehead::rofl3:AH. I see your curious. OK, point blank. The posts were trying to goad others to engage, several were just flat out off topic, and one in particular should have just earned a vacation for being offensive and attacking. :rofl3:A few others in another thread were removed as its bashing of a user, one even admitted thread bashing, and bullying. All of :coffee:which are against the TOS. Do I need to send individual PM's documenting all of this and putting the offenders on watch lists or is this going to be the drop of it? I'd prefer this be the end of it and take notes on what was removed and don't duplicate those efforts in the future. :confused:

:popcorn:Sorry I didn't send a PM, I've been a little preoccupied with a misbehaving backup server and voice mail server that want special attention right at a very crucial point during our annual Charity Angel Ball at work... OH and Comcast finally figured out what wasn't working on my home HSD line, thus your answer now.:dork2::10:
As I said I don't have much heartburn with the deletions and mod post in the snorkel thread, it was getting a bit out of hand.

I really don't think the post that was deleted in the horses thread was a TOS violation though. Sarcastic- you bet, but sarcasm wasn't a violation last time I looked. But if I understand your statements correctly if I choose to let it go the matter will be dropped but if I wish a chance to defend my post I'll be placed on a watch list or possibly get a vacation?

And El- I rest my case.

Perception is in the eye of the reciever. In this case multiple members IM'd me in AIM and pointed to numerous posts in the Dead Horse thread and used words such as harassment, bashing and bullying. When I read the through the thread, as I had with the other thread, I was and still am inclined to agree with them. My perception was, as was admitted to by someone, bashing, which I see as harassment and bullying. I'm REALLY open to a LOT of things, but those two, they really do not belong on this board or anywhere else.

My decision to not make a big deal of it is because I kind of like yawl, even though I abhor the chat threads and believe the chat room would better serve what ya do. It's that fun loving goofiness thats got charm and a little unique character, but I wish the 'gang up' stuff would stop, it's really encouraged some very contributing members to discontinue affiliation. That really sucks since one of them is one of the first people I met on SB and now a very close friend and trusted dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom