Did I say something wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I posted a comment on "General Travel" yesterday about Haiti cautioning a guy who asked about diving in that country. Did I say something wrong in my post? I saw that it was removed. just wondering.

Sorry, I see it was moved to the Bahama area thread.

When a thread gets moved to another (more fitting) forum, it depends on the mod whether or not a notice is sent.

When something is deleted (ToS violations etc.) a PM will always be sent.

When a thread gets moved to another (more fitting) forum, it depends on the mod whether or not a notice is sent.

When something is deleted (ToS violations etc.) a PM will always be sent.

You should mention this to the mods because it is NOT happening.

OK, present your case.

He, I, and JeffG had several posts deleted yesterday. I didn't get a PM ... betchya neither one of them did either.

I'm not complaining, BTW - I thought it was a good call. But if you're gonna state a policy, it's always a good idea to follow it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Multiple posts deleted from the Snorkel thread in general Scuba yesterday. Colin did make a mod post and while I do agree that the one's that were deleted were off topic and therefore justified he left others- 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 34 and 36 that were also off topic and 33 that did sort of refer to an on topic post but also had an MOF slam in it. (A funny one too). No PM but at least he put up a mod post on it.

Last night or today I had one deleted from the "Threads that make horses nervous" thread in basic Scuba. No explanation, no note and in my opinion the post did not violate TOS. I posted in that thread and asked that the Mod PM me explaining, no response yet.

I've had others deleted here and there over the years and usually theres at least a mod post explaining it, don't have a problem with that since it's usually part of a general clean up of the thread and it would waste even more of their time to drop PM's to everyone involved. But I have never had a PM explaining any of them.

He, I, and JeffG had several posts deleted yesterday. I didn't get a PM ... betchya neither one of them did either.
Nope, not me.

I'm not complaining
Neither am I, but the mods do seem a bit twitchy when it comes down to the MOF.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom