Did I say I hate March in NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga James

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was told by another Captain not to bother with March bookings and he was right. It is not worth the headache. But I am a slow learner and the eternal optimist and I took 2 weekend bookings this month. One I cancelled remotely because of a bad forecast that was wrong and I never made the trip to the coast and the wind didn't blow. This past weekend I went to the coast and got everything ready to go as the forecast was for light NW winds. Friday at lunch the forecast went to NW at 20 knots and Saturday proved that to be right. So I didn't run.

Did I say I hate March?

Thats is a lot of different weather going on at the same time. It is just March. I should just learn to accept and embrace it.

Synopsis for Eastern North Carolina
The stationary front over the area will lift northeast today. A cold front will move through from the northwest tonight and become stationary along the Gulf coast Friday. High pressure will temporarily build in from the north for Friday and Friday night. The front to the south will move back north and become stationary over the Carolinas Saturday night. Low pressure will move through from the west Sunday and pull the front off the coast.

Three weeks from now we are going to be running five straight days morning and afternoon...if you have any good April Indra karma bring it by the house sometime in the next week or two......
Mike

Three weeks from now we are going to be running five straight days morning and afternoon...if you have any good April Indra karma bring it by the house sometime in the next week or two......
Mike

Mike, I am going to go to the pipes with my flounder gig after all your students scare em over there trying to figure out neutral buoyancy. I will give you your cut. :wink: Hell, I might bring Scotty.

Yeah that thumping sound will be the ones who haven't quite figured out the changeover from fresh water and added about ten pounds....the deck of the wreck may be in jeopardy...I poked out to the Inlet the other day looking for water to creep into the 60 range (no hood range for me)....I never found it....
at about 64 or 65d that pile should be covered...there and the Duhamel...
Mike

Back
Top Bottom