Did I pay too much to have this furnace install?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatrick

Reaction score
Hello,

I just replaced a gas furnace (TempStar 50,000 BTU 80+ Single stage) at my condo. The parts and labor (tare down the old one and install the new one) cost me $1,800. Is that too much? I'm getting a bit frustrated because I think I was ripped off. Have you ever replaced your furnace? How much did you pay?

Thanks,
Patrick

A dual 50,000 btu burner (100k total) with 5 ton 13 seer AC compressor with dual speed fan by Trane installed where I live runs about $5500 (w/ 10 year warranty)

I got quotes for a Rheem 80,000 BTU (single burner) with 10 seer 4 ton AC compressor for about $4500-$4800, but it also had only a couple year warranty, not as effecient, not as powerfull, etc.

sounds decent to me,always hurts when the hvac people visit

We just put in 80,000 BTU York and 3 1/2 ton AC unit for $3100. I don't know how the tempstars are rated, but other companys here wanted $5000-$7000 for the same install I got. (the 7k was a trane)

Back
Top Bottom