Did everything right ( I think) still, buddy got bent??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will find Decompression Theory discussed in many books, such as those by Lippman. Usually a chapter is devoted to it.

However, a guy by the name of Bob Cole has written two dedicated books on the subject:

Decompression and Computer Assisted Diving;

and

The Decompression Matrix.

Easy to understand, and even if they are based on Buehlmann rather than USN tables, the theory is still sound.

Cheers,

Seadeuce

I don't even pretend to know enough to comment on the specific dives. But my favorite instructor gave me great advice on my first ever class, and I've followed it ever since. He said something like:

"I'm human. I make mistakes. I will do my best to not lead you astray. But if you ever hear me tell you to do something that you know is wrong, call me on it. You are in charge of you on every dive. I'm here to guide you and give you the knowledge you need to dive safely, but to stay alive is your job and to be safe you need to make the right choices for yourself."

Kingpatzer - thank you for sharing this - I am about to do my PADI OWSI instructor exams and this is something I will take with me into my career as an Instructor. I have spent a lot of time hanging around dive shops and instructors and indeed, the best I have had have taught me to take responsibility for myself and have never made me feel bad for questioning them!

We can all improve as divers and teachers with this philosophy! :D

Narcosis - I'm glad to hear that you and your son are both OK and I really really hope you have spoken to IANTD about the instructor concerned!!!

Back
Top Bottom