Diablo Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aalbinger

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got back from a week at the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. I had an excellent set of dives with Dennis from Diablo Divers.

We flew in on Friday and Dennis met me in the DiveMobile Saturday morning. We picked up 2 other divers and made our way to the Dos Ojos cenote system. Dennis did a great job of preping us for the dive and making sure we were all on the same page about guided cavern diving techniques.

The dives were awesome. I'd dove in the cenotes once before with Dressel Divers. The dive with Dressel was good, but Dennis really made this set of dives special. A small group with an attentive guide is the best.

Apparently I'm the anti-matter to dive lights. In my first 4 cenote dives I've seen 3 lights give up the ghost. But Dennis was right there with a spare (even tho I had my own) and a little teasing at my luck.

I was supposed to ferry out to Cozumel to dive with BlueXTSea on Monday but the wind kept Cozumel's harbor closed all week. I owe a big thank you to Christi for sending my refund on to Dennis and coordinating another day of diving with Diablo Divers.

On Wednesday I was once again picked up by the DiveMobile. This time we headed to Aquanats in Puerto for a reef dive. We did a great 50 minute dive on enriched air at the Paradise Reef. Then it was off to the Tajmahal cenote. The light entering the tajmahal cenote is unbelivable. About half way through the dive I was feeling a bit ill from the boat dive (happens every time I get on a scuba boat, I should learn to stay off them I guess). Even with the queezy stomach I had a great dive at Tajmajal.

All in all it was a great vacation with some really high quality diving.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get back to the area and take the cavern diver course from Dennis.

-Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom