Diablo Divers Playa Aventuras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cant do the direct link. His website is www.diablodivers.com Also try the tuna rellenos! I will have to try the palancar tacos next time down in coz.... so many things to do& places to see.

I highly recommend Dennis. We did two days of diving with him last summer...cenotes and ocean....you will have a great time.

Jerry

TexasScuba53:
By the way, how's the reef diving around Playa and how's the current?

I've been diving around Akumal a couple times a year for the past 5yrs and really enjoy it. We also go to Cozumel a couple times a year. The diving around Akumal has very light current (just enough to still call it a drift dive). The reefs are pretty lush and have interesting topography. Lots of fans, gorgonian, and large elkhorn. We mainly go in winter and spring and get a few turtles on almost every dive, schools of 8+ gray angels, lots of eels, lobster, regular eagle ray, sting ray, spotted ray, and all the usual small caribbean tropicals. The reefs are not as colorful as Coz, and there are no wall dives. But the diving is decent and it's very laid back and enjoyable. We really like splitting a trip between Cozumel and the mainland, including a day or two of cenotes.

The only dive I've done in Playa is Tortugas. I know most people rave about it because you can see 30+ large turtles on every dive, but, I'm not a fan of the site. I adore turtles, but Tortugas to me is like Boca or Deerfield Beach for Mexican turtles. I prefer the dives I've done in Akumal where we regularly see turtles.

Dennis is da bomb! My wife and I used him to dive the cenotes last year. There is none better than Dennis. I tipped him every dollar I had on me. I wished I had some more.

I dove cenotes with Dennis back in April. It was a fantastic experience. I highly recomend his operation, and would dive with him again.

scubawife:
Dennis has been the best cenote guide we've used so far. Since diving with him in Dec '05 I don't think we will use anyone else unless we have no choice. I've dived the cenotes before but this last trip was so good that I'm thinking about doing the cavern cert with him this winter.

Based on the experience we had doing the cenote dives, if I was in Aventuras I would definately use his shop, Aquanauts, for ocean dives as well.

Just a quick note, Aquanauts is NOT owned by Dennis - there seems to be a little confusion on this board as to where he operates from. We do use dennis as an independant cavern guide some times and he does bring some of his clients to the dive shop to use our facilities such as our dive boat etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom