DGX canister light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a nice price. Beam angle is 10 degrees so obviously not as good at signaling or low viz as a narrower beam, often 6 degrees. I guess it depends on your intended use and conditions.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

Bonus though, awesome service from both DGX and DiveRite.

How this light compares with the Hollis 15?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Hollis looks to be brighter, has a nice narrow beam and twice the run time. Of course it is much more expensive. Is it worth the extra? Not sure. I don't cave dive, hopefully some cave people will jump in. If I was in the market, of the two you've listed I'd probably get the Hollis.

That sure is a steep drop in output over the first hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That sure is a steep drop in output over the first hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

And thats why its so much cheaper.

Miguel;

Remember your dives are about to go from 30min to 90--120min per dive with a break and repeat. You need a constant burn for 4 hours otherwise you'll be hunting for the line in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It has specs that are similar TO THE DRIS 1000 lumen HANDHELD LIGHT, but it is only $90.00. I have a DRIS (back up to my 2800 lumen Lights-For-Me canister light that I use as my primary) and a buddy has the Diverite 1000 lumen LED canister light ..there's not any significant difference in the beams or output between the DRIS or the Diverite.

Back
Top Bottom