DG05: October 2012 Release Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to get off subject here, but it seems like this is the spot for all the DG05 users are gathering. I was given a DG05 from my LDS to test out because my instructor was having issues figuring it all out. I think I have it all working and have a good grasp on how it works. I am diving it for the first time this weekend. I have the high pressure transmitter and it is linked properly because I can see on the link screen it shows my psi at 3076 (or something like that), but when I go into a simulated dive it doesnt show the tank pressure. Im hoping it just doesnt pull the transmitter data in simulator mode, but wanted to see if anyone here knew.

In the picture below...im guessing the "40" is the high pressure reading? Is this correct? Is that in Bars? Do I need to change it to PSI some how? In the simulator mode it starts at 1 and counts up and down and bounces around and cant really find a good discription in the manual on what this number really is.
2260_0.JPG

So far my thoughts on the DG05 are 50/50. Once you get the idea of how the screens move around and how to navigate everything its not bad, but the customer support from Hollis has been to say the least ... lacking. I emailed them about a week ago with questions on this unit and still waiting to hear back. Kinda disappointed there is not digital compass on this either. Not really feeling very comfortable about this unit after reading through this post either.

Thanks for everyone sharing...

Hey Mouse, and welcome to SB,
It sounds like you are seeing the transmitter in the "paired page" of the Wivi configuration screen, just to check it should have the transmitter's ID number, pressure and contents.

next from the home screen when you access the "dive screen" menu, do you have TTS or HP selected. For the tank pressure to show up in area C of the simulation and therefore dive screen when using the computer, HP must be selected.

hopefully this helped,
-Cappie

Hey Mouse, and welcome to SB,
It sounds like you are seeing the transmitter in the "paired page" of the Wivi configuration screen, just to check it should have the transmitter's ID number, pressure and contents.

next from the home screen when you access the "dive screen" menu, do you have TTS or HP selected. For the tank pressure to show up in area C of the simulation and therefore dive screen when using the computer, HP must be selected.

hopefully this helped,
-Cappie

You are correct about seeing the pair on Wivi config screen.
I have the dive screen menu set on graph... I have played with the HP and TTS...but on the first page..where the 40 is on the picture...isnt that were the tank pressure is suppose to show? or is that referencing something else. I have tried changing the Graph to HP and TTS and in the sim mode the numbers are still very low and dont seem to read...just wondering if that is normal in sim mode and my real tank pressure will show up with I take it this weekend.

---------- Post added August 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

Ok took the dg05 to pool today and have some upsets and some answers. Finally figured out that the 40 I kept asking about in the above picture is the TTS. If you don't have the config set to HP it always shows the TTS in this area.

1: Screen is super nice and easy to read... Could use some more title so your not guessing what everything is,but its pretty easy to figure most of it out.

2: LCD screen is in color....pretty

3: Multiple gases and swapping is great

Upsets:
1: If I have an wireless transmitter for air...I would think that is more important to have always on instead of TTS.

2: if you have a wireless transmitter for air...if the unit is set to anything but Hp you can't see your air. If you like the graph or graph+ mode you have to scroll through the screens until you get to the connected wifi receivers screen and wait for it to scroll through you air to see what you have.

3: as mentioned previously....no compass

4: Log feature doesn't save all important info that my previous computers have done...like dive start time, dive end time, temperature, and if you have an air until why it wouldn't record starting psi and ending psi I don't know why.... So now I have to get this info off my dg05 while I'm on the dive, write it on, my slate and then log my dive from the slate and the log feature...

5: Can't do a firmware update at my house with out possible voiding warranty. I can flash the bios on my pc, my playstation, my tv, but not my dive computer. While I'm talking about firmware...HEY HOLLIS...I'm still waiting for an email answer to what the current firmware version is so I know if I have to mail it back to you to update for me. I think the firmware version I have is 2.11, but its not labeled or mentioned in the manual if this is the correct location that I'm looking at. I think I remember reading some saying they had version 2.14, might have even been in this tread.

ALL of the above features I would think are given features ESPECIALLY for such an expensive computer that doesn't come with the air module, pc cable, etc...

Maybe I have not played with the computer enough...maybe this computer is more for deco and tech diving and the recreational info isn't as important to those divers, but right now I'm having a hard time trying to like this computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom