Destination Comparison: SV&G, T&C, or C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here may be an option for you on Curacao. I have not used them but one of the SB regulars likes them.
http://www.the-dive-bus.com/

I made a night dive with the dive-bus folks during a recent trip...a shore dive from their dive hut. Mark and Suzy are really personable and entertaining...a great shore diving option.

How's the weather? :D Bren has had a fire burning for several days now.... but says it's beginning to warm up a bit. I'll be at the airport in Texas in 48 hours and change! Nine nights at home! Great seahorse pic, btw!

We had a good dive last Wed. night, 5 octopus, nearly a dozen lobster, puffers and more! Of course I didn't take the camera. Bill from Kalamzoo was down and made the dive with us. We had a good time. Missed out tonight with meetings and such.

Tina, there's ton's of options here on the island, it's all up to what you want in a "dive" vacation and the needs/ wants. gypsyjim, the shore dives are pretty easy, just check the current and begin into the current, 1/2 tank, up to 30/40 ft and back to the entry point! Reefs have plenty to see at that depth too...or even shallower.

Nomad, like O'malley says, it's kinda hard to predict the time other single divers will be looking for a buddy, maybe you can do better by group dives. I'm always available for a night dive! :D

Come on down.....

Thank you scubatexastony; I'm not worried about myself, it's my girlfriend who is just now completing her certification and will be doing her OW work there. She is new to all this, and struggles yet to handle her gear poolside. Myself, except for some recent lake entries I've been diving from boats. Coworkers of mine who live to dive on Bonaire have glowing reports of the easy shore dives, so I'm not too concerned. In the early 70's I did a bit of diving off the shores in Maine and Mass., and that could make for some very rough entries or exits, with the heavy surge and the rocky nature of the entry areas we had access to. Once I dived the warm (and much calmer) Carribean I never went back to the cold North Atlantic. With Sunset we're planning 6 boat dives, as many shore dives as we want, and my favorite, several night dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom