Destination choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, Here is the deal if you had two to three weeks what would you chose? Thailand for a week or so then to PNG- Or Palu and another island Truk or Yap. Or something else? Must be Pacific I have not been past Hawaii.

on my wish list - except Thailand as I was there at the New Year and I'll probably be back.

That's a very tough choice - I think I would go for Palau and Truk.

Is there anything specific you want to do diving wise? And when are you travelling? That might help it narrow it down a bit.

Jonathan

Not sure of travel dates at this time but was told Feb is good for Palu.Always wanted to go to Truk but Thailand at night is something I would like to see. Would like a live aboard for a week in Thailand. And PNG has got me interested in a trip there. But if I travel to any of the above it would have to be for 2 to 3 weeks. Which location has the best diving?

Alot depends on what you really want out of the diving. If you love wrecks, go to Truk for at least a week. If you are more interested in seeing mantas or sharks or other creatures, go to Yap or Palau. I would probably tend to avoid the mainland sites and places like PNG where the politics are less stable at least for the foreseeable future. Just based on what I have read, and knowing that I am more of a creature person than a wreck person (hate confined area diving) I would do a week on a liveaboard in Palau, and a land based week in Yap. Good luck with wherever you choose and have a blast!

AggieDiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom