Destin Jetty dive Aug 26 am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baydive20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested in diving Destin Jetties Saturday the 26th between 9 and 10 am? I'm passing thru on the way to Pensacola and wanted to check out the jetties. I dive St Andrews Jetties all the time and need new scenery.

Although I am new to forum , I am not new to diving, I am intrested and live in the area.........................................................

Otto, where have you been?

You will enjoy the forum, the people here are great. You are surrounded by divers, who actually dive. Welcome to the group!

Cool I'll meet you there. The closer to time I'll pm with more specifics.

since when do you dive? i thought you had to work saturdays.

I would normally join in but I'm actually going to pay for a boat dive :11: :11: :11: .
Local dive club is going to invade ScubaTech and take over the SeaCobra.

Have you checked the tides?

Sa
26 High 2:50 AM 0.4
26 Low 9:18 AM 0.4
26 High 1:13 PM 0.5
26 Low 9:09 PM 0.4

Looks like a double high tide day - doesn't look like much change between highs and lows. You'll be in the water near low tide, it will be interesting to hear a report of conditions.

I dive whenever. High tides are great for vis but water is water to me. I just check which way the current is going. Sorry you can't make it, I would have loved to get photo tips from you. I just started U/W photo in July in Bonaire. Maybe another time.

It matters at the Jettys. The currents through there are dangerous outside the short window at tidal extremes. While it may just be inches or maybe a foot of tidal difference, that is one foot, of the square miles that makes up the bay, forced through that one small channel.

Did you just spank me? I like that. Maybe you could school me in diving Destin jetties. I know over here in PCB we drop over the rocks, check which way the current is going and swim into it, then we drift back to the cut. Wanna dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom