Destin Jetty Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harbour

Reaction score
Anybody visited the Jetty in Destin's East Pass lately? Wondering what the conditions might be this time of year (October).

Harbour

Dive them at slack high tide - no other time. The reason is that the flood tide brings the clean (comparatively) gulf water into the bay and jetty area, and makes for better vis and a better dive.

I haven't been diving there in the last month or so, but we pass by there at least once a week in the boat. Conditions look reasonably good.

You can actually get down to a depth of 40' or so, but be aware that going around the rocks can expose you to the current - which can exceed 3 knots - if you're not careful to choose your time to dive wisely!

Or, get ahold of me when you're going to be in town, and if our schedules coincide, come diving off my boat :) The water is very nice this time of year - we were out Saturday, and the usual reverse-thermocline was present. Surface temps of about 80F, bottom was 84!

Genesis,

Where can I find the slack high tide times for the jetty in Destin? I may be there sometime next week.

Thanks in advance,

Harbour

has a "boat and beach" forecast. Stick in "32578" for the zip code. You want "East Pass" for Destin.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Just got back from 3 days of diving at the Destin Jetty! First beach dives and they were great. Even saw a Spotted Eagle Ray. OK, maybe not a big deal to you regular ocean divers but it was pretty cool for those of us that are land locked most of the year. The quarry will never be quite the same again...

Thanks again!

Harbour

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom