Destin Jetties pics 5/6/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Strange day today at the jetties, viz was great but ....
Gulf-Gulper got baro-trauma (SP ?) in both ears after about 10 minutes at 30'.
The crabs were out feeding and making strange poses.
A huge school of Jack Cravalle circled us for a while.
Here's some of the fun of the dive:

jcrabpose.jpg

jcrabtug.jpg

jjackclose.jpg

jjacksun.jpg

Would it be possable for me to get the rest of the pics that you took from our dive yesterday? Would love to see the full set. Is Gulf-Gulper ok, I was curious what the doctor said.

What is the crab eating?
Cool photos!

Joe

Love the feeding crab, but the lighting on the school is awesome. I particularly like the way the one fish stands out in great detail, but all the others are a dark presence around it. Great picture.

scubajoe: What is the crab eating?
That was the skin of a fish that had been cleaned by our local fishing fleet. They dump their leftovers just South of the Pass and the tide floats them into the jetty area. The crabs are well fed :D.

Knight1989: Would it be possable for me to get the rest of the pics that you took from our dive yesterday?
PM me your email address and I'll send you the ones that came out fair to good. I'll keep the fuzzy dark ones to keep my reputation spotless :D. I have to do some processing on some of the shots yet, and since I have a possible three more dives this week and in between them work, It may be next week before I can get them to you. I got a pretty good shot of you underwater that I'm going to post in my gallery.

Larry C: ... I particularly like the way the one fish stands out in great detail, but all the others are a dark presence around it. ...
Thanks Larry. I don't often get in schools like that so it's a wonder I got a good shot at all. I was just mesmerized by all those big fish - all of them 20 - 25 lbs each. It was a blast, I hope it happens again so I can keep my cool a little better.

I love the schools, but it can be a little worrisome going into a big baitball. What else is looking to pop in (especially in FL)?

Ack! You got a cool sunburst/baitball pic! I failed miserably at that, I was too in awe and didn't think about it until they were swimming away. The first few shots of them I got are all overexposed because I was too friggin excited to notice the light metering :p

Great pictures.

Thanks for letting me tag along. I'm new to this, but I'm hooked.

Love the shots Yoda, especially the first two...
Wonderful clarity in those images..

What were the settings on the last pic (sunball)?

Had a great time guys! I hope to get my pics downloaded from the camera and upload a few of them here tonight or tomorrow.

We actually ended up with a good showing of people from Scubaboard for this dive. Myself, Seayoda, kclFLA, Knight1989, Gulfgulper, SupRBugman, Photohikedive, etc.

SeaYoda and I are meeting Friday for the 9:40am high tide if anyone else wants to go.

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom