Destin Jetties dredging - panorama pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Work is on and diving is off. You might be able to trudge your gear around all this mess but then you have to dodge the hardware floating on the surface.

The other day, the barge was farther out in the Gulf - it looks like they're working their way toward the bay. I'm not sure how the operation works but I thought they were boating the sand East. They are collecting quite a mound of sand right here at the jetties - I'm not sure that it is not just the "off flow" being filtered on the beach so that they don't disturb the channel too much. It's a lot of sand no matter what they are doing with it.

looks like you got the panorama thing figured out now :D

Tnanks for the pics SeaYoda.

Are they dredging just the "main channel" or also inside the jetty finger where most divers start? (It looked like in the pics that there was equipment inside that 'finger')

what's the schedule for dredging the first of May? (if you know).

mike_s:
Tnanks for the pics SeaYoda.

Are they dredging just the "main channel" or also inside the jetty finger where most divers start? (It looked like in the pics that there was equipment inside that 'finger')

what's the schedule for dredging the first of May? (if you know).

They are all over the pass entrance and East side of the pass where we dive. They were parked between the long and short jetty the other day and the barge was further out in the Gulf. They are dumping a mountain of sand where the long and finger jetties meet. They have not gotten near the jetties themselves with the sand sucker yet. I don't have a clue what their schedule is. I know they were delayed a month in getting started and just won a court battle to dump the sand along the beach in Okaloosa county. I've heard that they will be working until June.

justleesa:
looks like you got the panorama thing figured out now :D
It's working pretty good. I hate going back to "P" mode and "SHQ" but what are you gonna do :D.

Once you get the hang of how to take the pictures, you don't have to :D. You can free stich the pictures with the oly program or by using the panorama option from your elements (starting with elements 3) program. Works like a charm :D

I've got PS7 and I don't think it has a panorama option - I could be very wrong. I've not tried the free stitch in the OLY program, I rarely use it.

it works great! I have even pieced 4 pictures in a square together....it's fun :D The picture just has to be evenly lighted or you will see the edges too much.

I'll have to give it a try so that I'll be ready for a "RAW" "M" mode panorama of that whale shark that stands still long enough to take one :laughing:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom