Destin Jetties dive pics 7/8/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alcina, did you save the thumbnail by chance? I've done that myself before.
Here's an attempt at bringing out some color in the one with the boy...(my favorite also).

The chopping attempts are great, but SeaYoda is correct, there really isn't that much color in these fish.

Cool pics, I'm kinda dissappointed the algae is screwing up the vis... I'll be out there Saturday morning regardless.

alcina:
SeaYoda - really like the one with the boy!

?I tried to save as one of your pics so I could have a bash at adding colour...but when I open it in PS it is so tiny that to even see what I am doing makes it all pixelated, though others don't seem to have this prob...so I give up, what am I doing wrong!

Did you try to save it from the thumbprint or from the opened picture? That might make the difference.

I know that they aren't that colorful, just think of it as a touch of make up :D and I only did the 3 or 4 fish to the left, everything else is as was.

justleesa:
I know that they aren't that colorful, just think of it as a touch of make up :D and I only did the 3 or 4 fish to the left, everything else is as was.
And a little lens refraction :D . I'm more of a realist - I know the fish are not colorful, but their beauty is in the fact that if they were colorful they would probably be eaten pretty quick. It's neat to see how they have little bits of color to break up their pattern but are generally silver or white to match the sand. Must be a male thing :D .

alcina:
SeaYoda - really like the one with the boy!

?I tried to save as one of your pics so I could have a bash at adding colour...but when I open it in PS it is so tiny that to even see what I am doing makes it all pixelated, though others don't seem to have this prob...so I give up, what am I doing wrong!
If you open the thumbnail and then save the large picture it should be better.

I did some manual adjusting in PS7 and got this for added color. I wanted to keep the boy's eyes light so they could be seen yet not blow out the bright fingers. Looks pretty much like "real".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom