Destin Jetties dive pics 6/28/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Nice pics :)

Just for fun, try shooting a few frames next time in RAW. No need to white balance for the shot, just do what you normally do for manual settings and fire away. It does take a little time to write but it is very cool to see what can be done back at the computer.

You might not switch to RAW for everything, but it sure does make things easier to work with.
Do we think alike or what? I took a RAW shot of that anchor today and after I played with it I was gonna post a thread with some questions. Today was the first time I shot any U/W RAW pics. I just downloaded the converter for PS7 - I think my brain is gonna explode from all the stuff I'm learning about digital processing. Every once in a while I just like to take some pictures and look at them for fun, not "how can I fix that?".

Dee:
I've been using PS7. Wouldn't I have to have the RAW plugin to see the photos or do anything to them? I've wanted to try RAW just to see what all the buzz was but haven't because of that plugin thing.
Dee,
There is a link on a thread I found for downloading the RAW converter. If you will PM me with instructions on how to put the link in a post I'll post it here.

And yes this area is famous for bland colored things, thats what we get for having sugar white sand :D .

Putting a link in is easy. I'll tell you here since other may need to know, too.

1) Find the URL of what you want to link and do a ctrlC to save it.

2)just above this text window, you'll see a world globe with a chain link under it. Click on that.

3) In the first window that pops up, type in the text you want to be seen. In the second window, paste the URL of the link. and hit OK.

It will look like THIS. This works well when the URL is very long.

OR

You can simply paste the shorter URL into your message and it will look like this...http://www.scubaboard.com/index.php?

SeaYoda:
I think my brain is gonna explode from all the stuff I'm learning about digital processing. Every once in a while I just like to take some pictures and look at them for fun, not "how can I fix that?".

We are definitely thinking alike!! I hate to take a shot and think...durn, now I have to deal with that when I get home - would much rather have it as right as possible from the get go! But I still like RAW and most of my images (OK, some of my images! LOL) need only a nanosecond :eyebrow: to put into PS - same as I'd have to do with any other shooting mode anyway!

I hear ya! That's one reason I try really hard to get the exposures just right so i don't have to do anything to them! I'm getting more and more that need only tweaking with brightness and/or contrast, if at all.

It worked. I got to the Olympus page but they have apparently removed the file. Got the 404 file not found message, too.

Seems like I read on DDN that they had stopped the free downloads when they released the new PS CS program that has it included. It's all about the $$!

DRAT! Thanks for trying. But at least you learned to do links!

Dee:
It worked. I got to the Olympus page but they have apparently removed the file. Got the 404 file not found message, too.

Seems like I read on DDN that they had stopped the free downloads when they released the new PS CS program that has it included. It's all about the $$!

DRAT! Thanks for trying. But at least you learned to do links!
I just downloaded it this week. I went to the site and worked my way in. I'll post the URL that was at the top of the page and if that doesn't work I give a list of instructions how I got to the page.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_s...sp?Category=Digital+Camera&Product=890&OS=Win

I checked it out and the link above works. I hope it will still download for you.

alcina:
need only a nanosecond :eyebrow: to put into PS - same as I'd have to do with any other shooting mode anyway!
Which PS are you using? I think the RAW functions in CS are more than what can be done with the converter download for
PS7. I'm still glad I have the ability to work on RAW shots in PS7 without upgrading to CS since I just got my 7.

I think it worked! Although the file that downloaded has a different name than that in the directions, it seems to be OK. I don't have any RAW files to load but I can fix that soon.

Thanks, Yoda! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom