Destin Jetties 6-25-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone game for diving the Destin Jetties on the 25th? We'll be diving at high slack tide for our best chance of decent visibility and least chance of a ripping current :) Depths can reach up to 60' and seeing a variety of tropical fish isn't uncommon by any means!

Sa 25 Low 1:52 AM -0.3 5:46 AM Set 9:30 AM 88
25 High 1:26 PM 0.9 7:52 PM Rise 11:22 PM

Su 26 Low 2:23 AM -0.2 5:46 AM Set 10:40 AM 80
26 High 2:10 PM 0.7 7:52 PM Rise 11:56 PM

High Tide is at around 1:30PM on Saturday - anyone interested in a dip at Morrison that morning? Water level is plummeting downward, so we should get some nice visibility if we dive early, still giving us enough time to get to the jetties!

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?tae&carf1

It looks like I am going to have to wait to come down till Sat. Evening. Fran and I both have to work Sat. morning so won't be arriving till late in the evening. I believe Kyle and Heather are both heading down as well. We are going to stay through Tuesday though. I am hoping to get some boat dives while I am in down there. Anybody up for the jetties or any other diving (springs, boat trips) Sun-Tues? I know if morrisons is clear I'm definately going to be hitting it a few times.

Matt

Gulf-Gulper and I plan to be at the jetties. I'll see how schedules are for Morrison in the AM. We're hitting Morrison when the sun comes up today. I'll post how clear it's getting.

Not certain yet, but I may be doing Morrison and possibly jetties Sunday as well. I'll know more by Thursday night? I think.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Not certain yet, but I may be doing Morrison and possibly jetties Sunday as well. I'll know more by Thursday night? I think.
Sounds good bugman, keep me posted. Hope to see you on Sunday. I wish I could make it down there Sat. morning but unfortunately that just isn't an option for me.

Matt

I probably can't make the morning trip to Morrison but would like to do the jetties on saturday.

Looks like Sunday I will be out on Kyle's aunt's boat doing jetty dives, but we could just meet up on the jetties. We are also going to be jetty diving on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully with SeaYoda. Kyle and I area also scheduled for AM boat charters with emerald coast scuba on Monday and Tuesday if anybody is interested. Going to try to get some springs dives in too in the middle of it all. If you're around bugman give my cell a call and I'll hit ya up, maybe we could get together for some dives on Sunday.

Anybody else in the area that feels like coming out, feel free. I am sure there is probably some space left on the charters too if you wanted to join us.

Matt

Corigan:
Looks like Sunday I will be out on Kyle's aunt's boat doing jetty dives, but we could just meet up on the jetties. We are also going to be jetty diving on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully with SeaYoda. Kyle and I area also scheduled for AM boat charters with emerald coast scuba on Monday and Tuesday if anybody is interested. Going to try to get some springs dives in too in the middle of it all. If you're around bugman give my cell a call and I'll hit ya up, maybe we could get together for some dives on Sunday.

Anybody else in the area that feels like coming out, feel free. I am sure there is probably some space left on the charters too if you wanted to join us.

Matt

I should be there Saturday around noon. Unless something happens to prevent.

Ninja5 :bandit2:

RockyTop:
I probably can't make the morning trip to Morrison but would like to do the jetties on saturday.

Comon out, there should be a slew of us.

Corigan:
If you're around bugman give my cell a call and I'll hit ya up, maybe we could get together for some dives on Sunday.

I'll definately be in the area Sunday, atleast the springs. I'm not sure if I'll be diving the jetties again on Sunday though - definately not out of the question though :)

Ninja5:
I should be there Saturday around noon. Unless something happens to prevent.

Ninja5 :bandit2:

High Tide is around 1:30, I think we're gonna shoot for getting there around 1PM. You might get there a bit before us, but I'm sure we'll see ya there :D Maybe, I'll get some better pics this time around.

I ended up taking my BC in for some repair work on the inflator. I'm going to have to pick it up Saturday morning so Morrison is out for me. Gulf-Gulper and I are still planning a dive at the jetties in the afternoon. I drove by Crystal Beach on the way home, the water looks a nice blue! If the weatherman cooperates we should have a great dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom