Destin Jeddies 7-10-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and just a couple more.

Pic 1 are two(dunno species) fish that were "kissing"(fighting?). This is the best pic I got of the action.

Pic 2 is a stone crab?

Pic 3 is just a shot of the visibility basically. Although you get an idea that there is quite a few fish swimming about and I like the little guy in the lower right - he stands out quite a bit.

Still looks like home. I think the blue fish is a damsel. I don't know the I dunno fish, but i've got a pic of one in my gallery - I havn't bought the Reef Fish book yet. The stone crab is a stone crab. Good luck Sunday.

The first pic is a bit dark to tell for sure but they both look like some sort of Grunt. The last one, the fish on the right side facing us is a Yellowtail Snapper.

Dee:
The first pic is a bit dark to tell for sure but they both look like some sort of Grunt. The last one, the fish on the right side facing us is a Yellowtail Snapper.
I think the last one on the right side is a pinfish like the ones in photo #1 attached. Also attached is a brighter pic of one of those "grunts" may be you can ID it better from this view.

According to my Humann/DeLoach book, Reef Fish (3rd Edition), the first one is a Lane Snapper, pg 117. The second is a Corocoro, part of the Grunt family, pg. 101

Dee:
According to my Humann/DeLoach book, Reef Fish (3rd Edition), the first one is a Lane Snapper, pg 117. The second is a Corocoro, part of the Grunt family, pg. 101
May be pinfish is a common name - most people call them that here. Thanks for the ID on the grunt - I can name him in my gallery now!

It's a new name to me, too. I remember seeing a few of them but ID'ing Grunts is my weak spot. we just call them 'that stripedy Grunt'. Yeah...original, huh? :D

The photo should be labeled "Imaginary Nitrogen Narcosis Induced Flounder". All I see is sand.

John

SuPrBuGmAn:
I promise the picture has a subject :wink: Take a good look at the upper-left hand side of it.

I knew I'd get that question :) It kinda prompted me even more to post it.

I have plenty more, but they'll have to wait until Thursday - my job puts me out of town for 1-2nights a week and I won't be back until then.

I had actually planned on going back Saturday, but a couple of my buddies are working so we'll be back in your yard Sunday bright-n-early! Just not as bright and early...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Here are some pics from Destin's Jeddies this past weekend. A couple of friends and I woke up at 4:30AM to get there by 6:30AM in order to catch the tides correctly(last time we didn't exactly get the best tidal conditions).

I will be in Destin this 7-25 to 7-30. How far is the jetti from shore?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom