Destin FL diving May 6th-13th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be in Destin FL from May 6th-13th.

If anyone else is available and down there that week. Let me know. Interested in the Jetties, boat dives, maybe some spring dives, and maybe Crystal Beach pier pilings to waste away that last 500psi.

Most likely will be traveling on Saturdays, but we are hoping to get away a day early on Friday. So might be available on the 6th for a quickie Jetty dive. High tide is 4:18pm that day.

Tides for East Pass (Destin) starting with May 5, 2006.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 6 Low 5:05 AM 0.0 5:58 AM Set 2:29 AM 56
6 High 4:18 PM 0.5 7:27 PM Rise 1:42 PM

Su 7 Low 4:56 AM 0.1 5:57 AM Set 2:57 AM 66
7 High 12:07 PM 0.4 7:28 PM Rise 2:36 PM

M 8 Low 4:23 AM 0.2 5:57 AM Set 3:22 AM 74
8 High 10:18 AM 0.4 7:29 PM Rise 3:29 PM
8 Low 8:04 PM 0.2
8 High 9:57 PM 0.2

Tu 9 Low 2:44 AM 0.2 5:56 AM Set 3:47 AM 82
9 High 9:33 AM 0.5 7:29 PM Rise 4:23 PM
9 Low 8:16 PM 0.1

W 10 High 9:17 AM 0.6 5:55 AM Set 4:13 AM 89
10 Low 8:41 PM 0.0 7:30 PM Rise 5:18 PM

Th 11 High 9:21 AM 0.6 5:54 AM Set 4:41 AM 94
11 Low 9:13 PM -0.0 7:31 PM Rise 6:16 PM

F 12 High 9:40 AM 0.7 5:54 AM Set 5:12 AM 98
12 Low 9:56 PM -0.1 7:31 PM Rise 7:17 PM

Sa 13 High 10:12 AM 0.8 5:53 AM Set 5:48 AM 99
13 Low 10:53 PM -0.1 7:32 PM Rise 8:21 PM

I should be reachable via email/PM/Scubaboard down there as I'll take my laptop.

Lets go Divin' !!!

-Mike

SuPrBuGmAn:
Cypress on the 7th?

hmm... that's an option. I was thinking/planning on maybe doing a boat dive on the 7th with my LDS who will be in PCB then that morning. (I think a 7am-11am trip).

Where exactly is Cypress? near Vernon maybe I think?

Yeah, near Vernon, boat launch is at the deadend of Culpepper Ln which is off of SR277.

FYI, Ill be in Destin for IDC, May 12-21. Yippee. Too bad Ill be too busy diving to dive. Maybe Ill have time for drinks though.

My instructor has talked about the jetties but I haven't been there.

Morrison Springs in eastern Walton County is a nice fresh water dive. That's about an hour from Destin. (Not far from Vortex if you know where that is.) No fees.

I now the area pretty well but need to learn the diving site.

kchFLA

Sounds like a Morrison trip is in order. Haven't done that in a few months. Be nice to take a light in the cavern this time... and work on my ascents and descents again.

Matt? I've never done Cypress, but I don't have a boat and the Miss Jellyfish could get crowded with all that gear on it!

kchFLA:
My instructor has talked about the jetties but I haven't been there.

Morrison Springs in eastern Walton County is a nice fresh water dive. That's about an hour from Destin. (Not far from Vortex if you know where that is.) No fees.

I now the area pretty well but need to learn the diving site.

kchFLA

I dive the area often, keep an eye out on the Trips Subforum and feel free to join us anytime.

PerroneFord:
Sounds like a Morrison trip is in order. Haven't done that in a few months. Be nice to take a light in the cavern this time... and work on my ascents and descents again.

Matt? I've never done Cypress, but I don't have a boat and the Miss Jellyfish could get crowded with all that gear on it!

Heading to Morrison tomorrow(Sat at 8AM) if you're interested, water levels are LOW!

Cypress is beautiful. The cavern isn't as impressive as Morrison, or even the Ballroom at Ginnie, but it'll keep you occupied for 10-15 min if you like looking at eels and fossilized shells in the walls. The basin is shallow, but more visually impressive than pretty much any other spring I've dived. I've dived 3 off the Miss Jellyfish before at Cypress, it was a slow ride out and slow ride in(and I rode back with empty tanks during the SI to swap out for fresh tanks). It would fit you and your setup, doubles or not, if nobody else plans on being on board.

On that note, check the Trips subforum, we have a date planned to dive Cypress. Alas my boat is full, but you could always canoe it.?.. I said 'alas', how retarded is that...

Have a nice dive Mat. We are headed to the rigs on Sunday. Cant wait to get in.

Matt, I think I'll try to hook up with you guys tomorrow at Morrison. We can talk about Cypress over lunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom