Destin Destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coberry7

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I had a student ask me today about good ops and locations to dive in Destin. I haven't dove or even been there since 1995. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions that I can provide to my students?

They will be going there for checkout dives. Within the next 60 days.

Colin Berry

coberry7:
I had a student ask me today about good ops and locations to dive in Destin. I haven't dove or even been there since 1995. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions that I can provide to my students?

They will be going there for checkout dives. Within the next 60 days.

Colin Berry

The best outfit for ocean diving in Destin is Emerald Coast Divers. They have a great staff and I've heard great reports from my students when I've sent them out. If they want to do spring diving, Vortex Springs is about 45 mins from Destin and it has a lot to see. It's really good for teaching. For exploring, I'd say it's about a 1-2 day adventure. Hope that helps.

I posted this in another thread about Diving in Destin.....

I have been on several dives with these guys Emerald Coast Scuba over the past 2 yrs and would recommend them. Although I have yet to go on a trip with these guys Scubatech , I have been in their shop (very friendly and helpful) and will prob dive with them this year.
That is a very beautiful area, and you will have a good time.

Enjoy,

does emerald coast have small charters? (6 or less)

What is the water clarity there this time of year? Someone told me it gets murky in the summer.

I've used ScubaTech atleast 4-5x's and they've always been very helpful and friendly. There boat wasn't bad at all and could accomodate several divers. There are several sites within 5miles of shore including the Ms. Louis tug, Air Force Barge, bridge rubble, there is another barge I've been to(can't remember the name), ect.

You can also dive the jeddies at the pass in Destin, if you are looking for a shore dive...

As stated earlier, Vortex Springs is a great place. Its easily accessible, has lots of dive platforms at different depths, vis is generally good, ect...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom