Destin Brrrrrrrrrr 12/16/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sixteen of us from Alabama dove with Scubatech in Destin today. Everyone was from Underwater Works and Chas was our sponsor. He ofcourse did an excellent job of getting everyone there and ready on time. It was a two tank dive with spear poles. Cuttin to the chase for you guys we got 63...yes 63 flounder. Of course we all know that there is a price for everything and today the price was blue skin. The day was beautiful, 70 degrees, sunny and flat seas.

Everything was perfect until we jumped off the side. Now I know that those of you who live up north will laugh at us crazy thin skinned southerns but I got to tell ya, 60 degrees is cold water.

It was total blast We dove the Ms Louise (tug boat) I haven't been on this site since the last round of hurricanes and it is really much smaller. We also dove the Destin Barge which is my first dive on her. Vis of the first dive was about 40 ft and the second was 60 ft. Both were freezing cold.

Lots of fun. Can't wait for warm water.... I need to go to Mexico or the keys! I'm such a wimp!

Are you done cleaning them yet? Where are the pictures?

That makes me more ready to go again.63 is great.

Myself and 9 others got 53 on two dives in October in PC. It took 2 hours to clean them. They sure were tasty.

Some of us from ScubaBoard dove at Bluewater in Pelham,Al Saturday. Water was 58 degrees. So I know what blue skin is. Glad you did so good.

Two words...dry suit!

Mike

Dry Suits aren't really worth the cost down here. We don't dive that cold of water very often so it doesn't make sense. Cost wise. I messed up and didn't take a hood either. I have ear clearing trouble sometimes and should wear one. I'm whinning. I'm warm now, so it was a blast. Amazing what selected memory does for you.

How many of the 63 were Chas's? Last time I dove at the same time as him in Destin, he pulled in more than 30 on his own - dude rocks at flounder stabb'n.

I would never say publicly that anyone specifically took more fish than the law allows. HOWEVER, you are right Chas ROCKS. We should nickname him "Flounder Man". He was very generous to share his take with everyone on the boat. At one point all I saw was his feet sticking out from under the wreck. He gets in there with them. He also has a great eye for were they hide.

Back
Top Bottom