Question Descent T2 Transmitter - Noise Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SassyOwl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I'm considering the Garmin Descent T2 Transmitter and was hoping for feedback from those who have used it. I've heard that the T1 version has an audible beep, which can be quite noticeable. Has anyone noticed if this issue has been eliminated or reduced in the T2 version?

I'd appreciate any insights or experiences you can share regarding the T2 transmitter. Thanks in advance!

You'll hear it in a pool. Not a chance of hearing the chirp wearing a hood. On a calm reef dive I can hear it if I'm listening for it, but mostly blends in with the crackling bubbling background reef noise, and I don't find it annoying at all. Putting it on a 6" hp hose so it's not right behind you ear and closer to your shoulder helps too.

It's sonar though, not RF, so you can't really expect silence. It's power level can be set as well, so you can find a tradeoff between volume, power usage, and reliability.

Back
Top Bottom