Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Albion,

Just because you didn't "feel" narced does not mean that you weren't narced. There are two things that identify a drunk... the inability to walk, and the inability to speak. Underwater, those two indications are GONE. I know that I am narced because I have no pain in my right shoulder. Other than that, I have no other symptoms except an elevated concern due to the depth reading. That does not mean that my thought processes are nearly as clear as they are on the surface. Actually, the converse is true, and your addled thought processes do not even notice the tell tale signs of narcosis. NEVER RELY ON YOUR FEELINGS DURING A DEEP DIVE. They can kill you.

This is the real danger. If diving below 100 fsw doesn't scare you, then DON'T GO THERE. You are a danger to yourself and others. If it does scare, then I probably don't need to tell you that anyway. :D

I think that you are right but I have some friends in here DMs and they don't believe in such things. they think that as long as they are OK they can go more deeper. I will tell you what, they really start considering deep dive below 180 fsw (60 meter aprox) and they think that this is pro. I heard that this kind of diving can make fatal problems in the long run. can you help me and tell me what are this problems. I heard it cause calcium break down or something like that. can you provide me with the correct information.

60 meters on air is done every day. Take a look at Elphinstone reef south (The sarcophagus), you'll see lot's of divers doing this dive, most with a single 80. It's not the smartest thing to do, but it can easily be done.

However, going deep is not difficult, it's coming up that poses the problems!

Gehadoski, you're talking about dysbaric osteonecrosis, if you do a web search on this you'll find more info.

steven

steevke:
60 meters on air is done every day. Take a look at Elphinstone reef south (The sarcophagus), you'll see lot's of divers doing this dive, most with a single 80. It's not the smartest thing to do, but it can easily be done.

However, going deep is not difficult, it's coming up that poses the problems!

Gehadoski, you're talking about dysbaric osteonecrosis, if you do a web search on this you'll find more info.

steven

I know that 60 meters on air is done every day but I am talking about a person or a group diving like every 3 months a trip for 4 days average. the min depth they make is the 60 meters and to consider it a deep dive they go to 80+ meters. I am asking is this pro (usual) ignorante (unuaul). is this can cause dysbaric osteonecrosis. I like deep diving but I don't know diving this kind of deep is crazy (can be done).

padiscubapro:
actually HPNS is usually seen with high helium mixtures thats why real deep stuff they add a bit of nitrogen to depress the central nervous system...

HPNS symptoms (most commonly slow tremors as seen in the abyss) are usually seen at depths approaching 600 fsw (180m) with no nitrogen in the mix..

CNS systems brough on my oxygen are different.. involuntary spasms of the face (twitching), ear ringing, convulsions ect..

My bad. They are indeed separate issues. Muat have been narced when I typed that...

gehadoski:
I think that you are right but I have some friends in here DMs and they don't believe in such things. they think that as long as they are OK they can go more deeper. I will tell you what, they really start considering deep dive below 180 fsw (60 meter aprox) and they think that this is pro. I heard that this kind of diving can make fatal problems in the long run. can you help me and tell me what are this problems. I heard it cause calcium break down or something like that. can you provide me with the correct information.
180fsw is closer to 55m, 60m is approximately 197fsw

I know that 60 meters on air is done every day but I am talking about a person or a group diving like every 3 months a trip for 4 days average. the min depth they make is the 60 meters and to consider it a deep dive they go to 80+ meters. I am asking is this pro (usual) ignorante (unuaul). is this can cause dysbaric osteonecrosis. I like deep diving but I don't know diving this kind of deep is crazy (can be done).

Deeper than 80 meters on air is (IMO) crazy. I know 'cause I've did it a couple of times :wink:

I will not do it again (unless maybe in an emergency). I got a kid and I'd like to see him grow up.

Can these dives cause dysbaric osteonecrosis? This is an excellent question to ask in the medical section, and you'll get a much better answer there.

steven

"Can these dives cause dysbaric osteonecrosis?"

better ask the pros, of course, but my understanding is that this is not an issue with recerational divers. about the only people who should worry are commercial divers who do saturation diving for a living.

"DON is extremely unlikely to occur in a recreational diver who follows current decompression tables and is treated expeditiously for any case of DCS they might develop."

http://divermag.com/archives/sep98/divedoctor_sep98.html

Albion:

The viz was 200 feet+. I did not feel narced when I was down there. It was only after the dive I realized I became very concentrated on my computer which read 2 minutes of no deco left. I kept watching that as I ascended slowly unitl the No deco time increased. Did the remainder of the dive at 60 feet and then did a long (5 to 7 minute) safety stop at 15 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom