Depth of Deep Diving (15 year old) ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finbob, I believe it was advanced Open Water as opposed to the Speciality course which you rightly described above.
At 15 Junior becomes Adult with PADI, that doesn't mean you automatically have to start diving to 21 metres +, most of the best diving is at depths shallower than that plus obviously longer bottom times.
Yes, you are quite right. I was thinking of the PADI Deep Dive Speciality not the AOW.
I stand corrected, thank you.

I second Bracko, 30 meters (there are no feet in Egypt :wink:) is the max you will go. Did my AOW in the Red Sea.

Diving in the Rea Sea is the best! Enjoy!

I second Bracko, 30 meters (there are no feet in Egypt :wink:) is the max you will go. Did my AOW in the Red Sea.

Diving in the Rea Sea is the best! Enjoy!

Ok thanks everyone for the help.
I CANT WAIT until the start of my AOW Course ! :D:dork2:

I work in the Red Sea - it's awesome here!

Maximum depth for a 15 year old by PADI standards is 30 metres. I take all my students as close as it is possible to get to the maximum depth when they are doing the course. If you are going to learn to dive deep, I want the diver to experience what that is like.

Hope that helps

C.

No feet in Egypt? Where do you put your fins? :wink:
I hate that the U.S. won't just switch. The original argument when we looked at it years ago (I was still in grade school) was that switching would be too expensive - everyone would need two sets of everything. Well, guess what - I have two sets of tools - one Metric and the other English. I love metric, but having to convert back and forth is where all the pain comes from. Just change!

Deep dives are fun, but short! You will soon realize what all that gas theory really means at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom