DEPP and Laptops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know, can laptops be covered under DEPP?

Going on Blackbeard's in May and am trying to get all my random stuff taken care of like updating dive insurance and what not, anyone know if you can get a laptop insured seeings you download your photos to it?

Thanks,

I don't know about DEPP covering this, but I just asked this question from the DAN/H2O Insurance peeps and they said that only scuba gear and photography equipment was covered. My guess is that DEPP won't cover laptops.

Aggie Diver:
Anyone know, can laptops be covered under DEPP?

Going on Blackbeard's in May and am trying to get all my random stuff taken care of like updating dive insurance and what not, anyone know if you can get a laptop insured seeings you download your photos to it?

Thanks,

Dunno, but please post when you find the official answer!

DEPP is coming out with a policy in the next couple of weeks just for items like laptops.

I just happened to be on the phone with them about placing a policy, and I asked them about laptops. They said it will be rather inexpensive. So I guess we will stay tuned.

I thought I'd bump this back up.

SDunbar, the girl told me it'd be more like towards the end of the summer than a couple of weeks, but also said it would be inexpensive.

Said they have people calling and asking quite a bit about it, so they're working to get it sorted out.

Anyone who has DEPP and a valid email with them will be getting an email when the policy offer comes out.

Thanks for the reminder.

Dee...have you considered a separate media storage device...versus a lap top?
Some come with a display screen and are the size of an external hard drive.
Just a thought.

RICHinNC:
Dee...have you considered a separate media storage device...versus a lap top?
Some come with a display screen and are the size of an external hard drive.
Just a thought.

Yes I did when I first went digital. First the cost was more than I wanted to pay for something I would only use on dive trips. I like a larger screen to critique the pics as I go so I can correct any mistakes I'm making. Those small monitor screens on the storage devices aren't any better for that than the camera monitor. Taking my laptop isn't that big a deal, it fits in my photo backpack.

If all I wanted was a storage device and had $300-500 dollars not earmarked for another dive trip or another WA lens for Beast...I'd probably use one. :D

The big one is a Delsey Pro. It holds everything including the laptop but when full it's weighs a ton! Beast carries it for me! The one I use the most for local trips not requiring an airplane is a Lowepro Mini Trekker. You can see all the stuff I pack in it and how it all fits HERE The only difference is I now use an Inon D-180 instead of the S&S TS90DX. The D-180 is shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom