Departure Tax Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moray48

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find it anywhere is there a departure tax in Bonaire ?
I know about the marine park diving fee.

Thanks Jim

I think it is $20 or $25 dollars (real money). It's not high.

Yes - It's paid at the airport. There's a window to the north of the giftshop. I think it had a green awning - it's not a big place so you'll see it when you enter the terminal.

Pay it before you stand in line to check-in as they won't let you through to the gate without it.

btw, if you want a Divers Paradise license plate, they had a few used ones in the giftshop.

I believe it just recently went up an additional $12...so its probably $32. now..pay it when you get on island,it avoids the line when you leave..

Effective, January 1, 2007, the Departure Tax for all international destinations is USD $32.00 per person, payable in cash or debit/credit card (MC, Visa, Discover, Maestro, Kompa Leon all accepted, but American Express is not) at the airport prior to check-in. Departure tax to Curacao and Aruba are lower.

From www.infobonaire.com/travel.html

Yikes
25.00 marine park fee,32.00 departure tax. Haven't been to bonaire since 1996 seems it was cheaper back then

Jim

To avoid having to wait in another line the day of your departure, pay the tax sometime during the week of your trip. Go to the airport during the day and go to the kiosk and pay. The person paying the departure tax will need to show their passport. We then just put our departure tax stubs in our passport, and are ready to go the day we leave the island.

If you wait till your departure day/time, you will end up waiting in a long line. Our last trip, there were three flights leaving early in the morning, KLM, Continental, and AE and there were at least 50 people waiting in the line at the kiosk to pay their departure tax.

moray48:
Yikes
25.00 marine park fee,32.00 departure tax. Haven't been to bonaire since 1996 seems it was cheaper back then

Jim

The marine park used to be $10.00. It went up to $25.00 for divers about two or three years ago. Snorkelers, windsurfers, and kite boarders have to pay the $10.00 marine park fee and get tags as well now.

everything was cheaper back then

moray48:
Yikes

Jim
Been to Cayman lately...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom