DEMA Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdb,

It appears that the internet has replaced that functionality for DEMA. I think DEMA has morphed and like magazines, it's real influence has passed. Welcome to the information age.

I know DEMA has changed, I've been to all since it was held in Houston. Not the best show by the way.
Be that as it may our company has some new products to show everyone this year.
These advances come in the way as a total package for scube in the way of:
Lubricants
Cleaners
Protecterants

This system of technical products are proven to be safe to use in 100% O2 systems.
Consequently we would love to talk to you all and show you what will change scuba.

mdb,

It appears that the internet has replaced that functionality for DEMA. I think DEMA has morphed and like magazines, it's real influence has passed. Welcome to the information age.

Speaking of parties..

DEMA 2008 Happy Hour
HILTON PLAZA BAR
Friday, October 24th
6/7pm start time (basically directly after seminars end and the showroom floor closes for the evening)
Currently many SingleDiver members attending DEMA will be coming from the Las Vegas Convention Center, so we are meeting at the Hilton Plaza Bar The perfect setting for a before or after-dinner drink, the Plaza Bar, located at the entrance to Andiamo and the Hilton Steakhouse, provides guests with an upscale, yet comfortable environment to enjoy their favorite libations. A popular spot amongst the convention crowd, the Plaza Bar is great for business or pleasure. The Hilton is connected to the Las Vegas Convention Center by a skywalk.

I used to go to Dema to book business, trips, etc., however the internet was not as prevalent back "in the day". and I think alot of my friends in the business just don't want the expense, and can do business from "home". Since they moved it to Fall instead of January, they report it's better as the new lines are presented at or just before the show as opposed to after, as was the case when it was in January.

I recently sold my businesses and am seriously considering relocating to the water... (I'm drying up in Texas!). I pondered going to DEMA solely in hopes of finding employment, but not sure that would be time/money well spent. Anyone have any ideas on good links for finding good employment in diving industry? :eyebrow:

Thanks...
Seastar

So many people seem so jaded and not very excited about going. This is the first DEMA I have been allowed to go to (just got my DM), and I for one am very excited. Maybe it will be a complete let down, but it is Vegas for goodness sakes!!!

I will be the one having a good time if anyone wants to say hi!

...... remember when you could walk around the back aisles of DEMA and see the little guy with the single booth who had some really cool invention??
That is what I miss the most........

Hi ScottZeagle,
come by our booth #4951 ... we fit your profile: little guy, single booth, back aisle AND cool invention.:wink:

Regards,

AM

So many people seem so jaded and not very excited about going. This is the first DEMA I have been allowed to go to (just got my DM), and I for one am very excited. Maybe it will be a complete let down, but it is Vegas for goodness sakes!!!

I will be the one having a good time if anyone wants to say hi!

Don't be jaded! You will have a blast at DEMA. I think DEMA has become more of a show tailored to fit divers like yourself who not only are interested in diving, but also interested in spending time in the industry after certification. You will be able to see a lot of cool stuff and cool seminars. Our only issue is that it isn't necessarily the same as far as being a must attend event for Manufacturers. I guarantee you will have a great time. Just be nice to all of the guys working in the booths who would rather be walking around the show instead of working it!

Don't be jaded! You will have a blast at DEMA. I think DEMA has become more of a show tailored to fit divers like yourself who not only are interested in diving, but also interested in spending time in the industry after certification. You will be able to see a lot of cool stuff and cool seminars. Our only issue is that it isn't necessarily the same as far as being a must attend event for Manufacturers. I guarantee you will have a great time. Just be nice to all of the guys working in the booths who would rather be walking around the show instead of working it!

I did have a blast. The shop I work with put me into a bunch of cool seminars and I had a great time. I have to say I did feel bad for all the vendors stuck in the booths.

I did have a blast. The shop I work with put me into a bunch of cool seminars and I had a great time. I have to say I did feel bad for all the vendors stuck in the booths.

Being stuck in the ScubaBoard booth was fun. :D

Back
Top Bottom