Delta 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XmoyoX

Reaction score
I am a new to diving and am looking to purchase a new regulator.My LDS keeps trying to sell me the new Oceanic delta 4 but im just not sure its right for me being a new diver.What are some factors i should be looking at before buying a new reg and is this one good for new divers?

XmoyoX:
I am a new to diving and am looking to purchase a new regulator.My LDS keeps trying to sell me the new Oceanic delta 4 but im just not sure its right for me being a new diver.What are some factors i should be looking at before buying a new reg and is this one good for new divers?

Been diving about 4 years but we bought our gear for the first time about 3 weeks ago. We've used it once so far.

My LDS sells ScubaPro, Oceanic and Atomic. When I asked for their opinion of the various regulators the guy said he had just bought the new Delta4 and so had the shop owner.

So... without hesitation I ordered 2 Atomic B2's!!!

I imagine they're all good enough but I wouldn't skimp on the reg. Be sure you're getting a reg equipped for the conditions you normally will dive in; i.e. water temp.

I guess the upside is that this reg would grow alot more with you than an alpha 7 or something, but the ocaenic delta 4 is a brand new reg this year, and I don't know of anyone that has used it. IT is adjustable and has alot of features including the DRT or whatever they call it. It keeps a seal on the first stage when it is not pressurized. Basically the reg will meet your requirements but before you purchase I would do some reading up and see what else is available to you so that you don't miss out on anything.

There seems to be a real shortage of Delta 4s here in Asia. I have yet to see a real one - my LDS was promised a batch by Oceanic so that they could show them at the Thailand Travel & Dive Expo (which starts today) but they ended up with a bunch of Alpha 8s instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom