Delta 4 w/ TDX5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undefined

Quite Refined
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any compelling reason to go with the FDX10 over the TDX5 other than DVT?

Put in other terms - would a Delta 4 matched with a TDX5 breath the same as a Delta 4 matched with a FDX10, albeit without DVT?

Other than the DVT, no there are no other compelling reasons. A Delta 4 with a TDX5 and a Delta 4 with FDX10 woud have very similar breathing performance. You nor I, nor the majority of divers would ever be able to tell the difference at any depth. If you put it on a breathing inhalation machine there may be a very minor difference in performance. Negligible at best.

Darryl

Darryl,

Thank you for confirming what I had suspected. Call me old fashioned, but I like metal better than plastic (TDX5 vs. FDX10). Considering I'm moving up front ratty rental gear to the Delta 4, I'm expecting that the only difference I will notice at all will be resoundingly positive.

Undefined,

No problem. To clear up a misconception, the FDX10 has only a hard rubber cosmetic boot on the outside. The components and body are made from marine grade brass. You can't go wrong either way.

Regards,
Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom