Delta 3 TDX5 Titanium or Delta IV FDX-10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaldiver65

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok I'm on the fence here. I can get the Delta 3 TDX5 Titanium for $399 normaly $1200 and the Delta IV FDX-10 for $399 normaly $479. I like the DVT and the Delta 4 just came out where the Delta 3 is no longer going to be made. I have a older DX4 and it's works great, I was looking to buy a full size Octo that is adjustable and there pretty pricey. I can spend $150 and up for a new 2nd stage or buy a new reg and take my current primary reg over to the new set up becauses it's adjustable. Then I can keep the old set up as back up.

Wonder what everyone thinks about these to regs Delta 3 TDX5 Titanium or Delta IV FDX-10?

Socaldiver65,

The Delta 4 is essentially an updated Delta 3. Different styling, larger inlet with a swivel. You can't go wrong with the D3/TDX-5 combination for performance and extremely light weight at that price. DVT is nice but at the $399 price the D3 package is going to be tough to beat. Nothing wrong with taking your current primary second and moving it into the role of octo. I would suggest de-tuning your old primary to octo specs.

Regards,
Darryl

Regards,
Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom