Trip Report Delfins/AB Dive Feb 9-16, 2020 Punt Vierkant Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry about forgetting that. I'm 6"3" but my wife is just a little over 5 feet and she was definitely challenged by the counter top and shelves. And thanks for the discount notice. I'm seeing some great pricing for Delphins for the late summer. What time of year was your stay? Just curious. I'm seeing some pretty good deals there for the August/Sept time frame. They say that the trades die down some that time of year and you can get a "wind reversal" that makes the East Coast good for shore entry. I'm interested in returning during that time frame to potentially shore dive the East Coast. I heard some pretty amazing things about Boka Bartel, Red Slave etc. A Dutch Friend of mine said he dove the East Coast during a wind reversal and quit counting adult green turtles at 25 and Spotted Eagle Rays at 15 all on one dive on the East Coast.
We went late November last year.
We were in Bonaire just last month (not at Delphin's) and had a few days of super calm winds- we were able to shore dive on the East side (just around the south side of the island) and all the usually crazy southern sites on the west side. It was truly spectacular, and super good luck. But our second week the winds picked up and one day drove all the way to Boca Spelonk with Bas Tol and could not dive there. And it was really really dry- we had a rental house near Delfin's and the dust was insane.
Next time back in November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom