Deleting dives from a Predator or the Shearwater mobile app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

!I found what I need. On my tablet, using the updated Petrel manager, I can delete the dives that I can not use. I did not want to delete the entire log, Just the pool dives I've done to keep track of my actual OW dives on the CCR. Jax, Dr. Lecter is correct, the Predator is hardwired into the CCR, so can not be removed. Using the newer Petrel Manager, I was able to get rid of the pool dives I had & have my actual OW hours on the tablet. Exactly what I was looking for!

Sadly it's not that simple when your Predator is hardwired into your CCR and you don't have a wetmateable connection for easy removal of the Predator :wink:
Buy another CCR to use in the pool :D

---------- Post added February 11th, 2014 at 09:05 AM ----------

!I found what I need. On my tablet, using the updated Petrel manager, I can delete the dives that I can not use. I did not want to delete the entire log, Just the pool dives I've done to keep track of my actual OW dives on the CCR. ....... Using the newer Petrel Manager, I was able to get rid of the pool dives I had & have my actual OW hours on the tablet. Exactly what I was looking for!
Unfortunately this is not going to work .....
My engineers told me that because of the "very limited" communication protocol implemented in the Predator / Petrel, next time you download a new log, the old logs you had previously deleted will show up again :shakehead:

To solve this issue - once for all - we need to add some more smartness to the App and include a "download ONLY new logs" feature.

That's because there isn't any app from Shearwater. Shearwater makes the hardware and a desktop program.

What should I then do with the SW Android app?? It really works well!!

What should I then do with the SW Android app?? It really works well!!
Keep using it :D

Back
Top Bottom