Closed deleted

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantctobin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For sale is the following, PayPal or Venmo net to me. Price is shipped CONUS, OBO. Buyer pays applicable PayPal fees if not using FF. Pickup available this week in High Springs.

(1) Revo R217C Triple Dil/Oxy/Dil Offboard Block MAV with 0.0035” Orfice. Recently overhauled, image shows orfice flowing on flow meter. Flow meter not included, MAV tool included (a standard inflator cartridge tool won’t fit the recessed Oxygen button). Works on Revo, Classic, homebuilds, etc. $279

Attachments

• 391CD402-7F36-454B-A863-C812A2C243B4.jpeg
    391CD402-7F36-454B-A863-C812A2C243B4.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 326FB8BE-09F9-4B9E-8A77-51F4CEC75FC6.jpeg
    326FB8BE-09F9-4B9E-8A77-51F4CEC75FC6.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 84
  • 23737019-A0B6-46FE-9416-9C1C7DF59CF0.jpeg
    23737019-A0B6-46FE-9416-9C1C7DF59CF0.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 8B875EB4-391B-452C-825A-96A36F3A8FDF.jpeg
    8B875EB4-391B-452C-825A-96A36F3A8FDF.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 83
Hi Grant, How does the orifice within the MAV work. Why do revo make some with the orifice in the MAV and others without. Do you still need an absolute pressure reg, to be plumbed into the MAV?

Hi Grant, How does the orifice within the MAV work. Why do revo make some with the orifice in the MAV and others without. Do you still need an absolute pressure reg, to be plumbed into the MAV?
Different people like different configs. These are commonly used on manual KISS rebreathers too
The revo used the orifice+relay for a hybrid setup

Requires a blocked O2 reg

Revo sells two block types. One with an orfice, one without. If you’re running your Revo as a hybrid, you use the type with the orfice and require a blocked first (Apeks DS4, Dive Rite, Hog clones, etc) of an IP proportional to metabolic needs. If you are running strictly eCCR, you do not need (or shouldn’t have) the orfice. If you are running a hybrid and go below the depth at which the CMF stops flowing, your solenoid will kick in or you can offboard another oxygen bottle or 50% etc.

Caveat: don’t get trained by someone on the Internet that doesn’t own a Revo

Edit: Zac beat me to it.

The revo used the orifice+relay for a hybrid setup

Requires a blocked O2 reg

OK so I think I understand but just to be certain about terminology.
What you describe as a blocked O2 reg, is the same as an absolute pressure reg i.e. a capped O2 reg that doesn't sense Atmospheric pressure and is used in order to create constant pressure to the CMF.

OK so I think I understand but just to be certain about terminology.
What you describe as a blocked O2 reg, is the same as an absolute pressure reg i.e. a capped O2 reg that doesn't sense Atmospheric pressure and is used in order to create constant pressure to the CMF.
Correct. Depending on IP, they are depth limited, generally between 75M and 100M, though after that there are a few other options in terms of how to continue to dive a CMF unit deeper. I think I have a spare blocked KISS WM first stage I can sell alongside this if that is the route you are going, or you can buy a blanking cap for your DS4 (unless you have the newer mares regs on your Revo) from Martin or Fathom or SubGravity.

Correct. Depending on IP, they are depth limited, generally between 75M and 100M, though after that there are a few other options in terms of how to continue to dive a CMF unit deeper. I think I have a spare blocked KISS WM first stage I can sell alongside this if that is the route you are going, or you can buy a blanking cap for your DS4 (unless you have the newer mares regs on your Revo) from Martin or Fathom or SubGravity.
ok I just sent the link to a friend ... Perth's a long way from high springs, though so not certain it will help. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom