Delayed video: Sea Mount and Middle Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been sitting on this one for a little while, for a variety of trivial reasons. But no sense not putting it up.

1/3 of the team is off to start a family, and we wanted to get one good dive in before reality came crashing down! So this is it!

This dive was actually during the long Independence Day weekend. When we arrived, everyone getting out of the water said that viz was great. But when we headed further and further out of the cove, things got murkier and darker until we pretty much got ourselves lost. So after finding a few landmarks and re-orienting ourselves, we enjoyed a short dive at Sea Mount, and headed back in.

Strangely, the shallower we got in the cove, the better the viz got; by the time we were back in the cove it was like we were in a pool. How's that for weird?

[youtubehq]Uwdqd1lMt_E[/youtubehq]

Great video Ken. Kinda fitting to use the them from "Up" on August's last dive. It was great meeting and having lunch with all of you afterwards.

Thanks for the cameo appearance, Ken!

Good video, Kenn. I'm sorry for the hiatus in Team Bunny; I know what it's like when those sorts of life changes steal valued buddies for you . . .

But I know how you could dive in the occasional company of Team Kitty for years and not know what a nudibranch is? Allison will beat you with a deco reg if she finds out . . . :D

Good video, Kenn. I'm sorry for the hiatus in Team Bunny; I know what it's like when those sorts of life changes steal valued buddies for you . . .

But I know how you could dive in the occasional company of Team Kitty for years and not know what a nudibranch is? Allison will beat you with a deco reg if she finds out . . . :D

Well... when one has a deco obligation they can only follow you so far before they have to make a deco stop :p

Matt and Kristina, it was great to finally meet you. Glad to hear you're getting some great diving in and really getting to make use of Essentials! Sorry you couldn't join us for lunch Kristina, cod sandwich = yummmm.

I think on one occasion a small nudibranch was delivered to me to look at, at which point I proceded to act on the thought, "whoa, you've got some kind of gunk on your glove, let me brush that off for ya."

So when are you doing auditions for a replacement team member? :wink:

Auditioning sessions begin immediately, and run twice a day; a rec pass requires demonstrating proficiency in cutting fresh greens and changing litter, a tech pass requires mastery of the above, in addition to demonstrating grooming, teeth avoidance and oatmealing skills. :)

Well... when one has a deco obligation they can only follow you so far before they have to make a deco stop :p

I'm sure they'll make up lost ground with the scooters though! And they're cave kitties this week, right? Should be clear of deco...

Thanks for sharing :) Congrats to August too. Changes in life, in this case new life, are some of our most memorable experiences.

I would recommend Team Bunny request the potential new team member show their appreciation by purchasing the team scooters.

Nice video, Kenn! And congrats to your buddy, too! I would audition for Team Bunny, but I'm still here in Hawaii unfortunately :( . Hope you find a good replacement soon!

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom