Deflator Button leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagermany

Contributor
Reaction score
I did some dives in Egypt in the last two days.
Since it was not planned, I did not bring any equipment.

I usually rent my BCD anyway as that is more comfortable for me.

What I noticed two days ago was lots of bubbles coming out of the deflator button of the inflator hose. I have never noticed anything alike before.

The diveguide told me not to worry, that was just because the BCD was inflated when I jumped in the water. The bubbling stopped when I started the dive and deflated the jacket.
They changed my jacket for the next day anyway and the same thing happened again, just this time there were even more bubbles coming out of there.

I was wearing some simple Scubapro jacket but I dont really know the name
As I mentioned above, I never noticed anything alike on my dives and I always rent my BCDs.

So I would like to know if it is normal for some BCDs or if there was something wrong with both BCDs.

Thanx in advance....

It should not leak.

It's probably caused by a build up of salt on the rim of the valve seal. We use Scubapro T1 bcd's here in Cyprus where there is high salinity as in the Red Sea and get the same problems and have to strip valves down and clean. My Scubapro Hydros Pro does the same thing even after fitting a new BPI. It only happens when the bcd's are fully inflated, with less pressure there are no leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom