DeepSeaSupply (DSS) Single Tank Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleharmon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Medium Stainless Steel Backplate
Torus 26 full circle donut wing, 22 mil RF welded bladder
Medium Stainless Steel bolt on weight plates, 8.1lbs
Cambands and LP inflator hose with hose hat included

This is a used, but still in great shape rig. I have no complaints at all with the setup, it has been fantastic. You can do a search on the forum for DSS and read about the quality of construstion and how much people love these rigs. Reason for selling is that the shop I'll be working for does not carry DSS, and I need to use the brands we sell. Poor college kids cant afford 2 seperate setups :depressed:.
It has been used in mainly fresh water, with about 15 saltwater dives. Always well rinsed. I can also include my hog harness and hardware (d-rings, tri-glides, crotch strap). This setup sells for $560 retail. I would like to get $400 for it.

Pictures here:
ScubaBoard Gallery - DSS Rig

Edit: Will also be selling a doubles Torus 38 wing if anyone is interested.

I'm interested. I've been looking at a DSS setup for a while. My only concern is the size of the BP. According to the DSS website, it would be appropriate for my height. However, it seems they recommend the large BP for wider divers like me. What's your thought? How much difference in size is there between a large and medium plate?

I'm interested. I've been looking at a DSS setup for a while. My only concern is the size of the BP. According to the DSS website, it would be appropriate for my height. However, it seems they recommend the large BP for wider divers like me. What's your thought? How much difference in size is there between a large and medium plate?

Your just a little late! Just sold everything.
But to answer your question, I don't have any experience with the large sized plate. This medium plate is a tad
shorter than a "standard" sized plate (halcyon, Hollis) but not by much. As far as the width of the plate, I think it is pretty standard. Your best bet is to
ask Tobin. PM him on here (cool_hardwear32 ??) or just give him a call. Nice guy, very knowledgeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom