Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My plan is to do them all. It is my first liveaboard so time will tell. Just to be prepared I am taking a 2.5 MM shortie, a hooded Lavacore vest and my D6 3mm.
Dog,
I dive cenotes in my 3mm and a hood where they say a 5mm is the minimum. I would think your lavacore and the 3mm would be fine. I think you will be surprised at how much warmer the D6 3mm suit is than other "normal" Wetsuits. I get hot in mine in Cozumel and flushing it through the neck really doesn't help because they flow so little water. If you try to flush it before you go up the ladder by opening the neck and letting water in, it all goes to the legs and stays. You have to grab and ankle and pull it open to let the water out. I'm still amazed at the deal they offered!

Have fun, I'm looking forward to the trip report!

Merry Christmas Amigo!
Jay

Boxing Day Santa just bought me a 3mm!
I can’t wait to receive it!

I got a 3mm and a 7mm for Christmas yesterday. Spent a half hour under in 65 degree F pool water in the 3 mm and was quite comfortable. It's warmer and feels heavier than my old 3 mm. Love it!

Wow, going from the Henderson 3 to the 7mm is night and day. Temp was 64' and it was toasty. Now I am ready to try my hand at some cooler water. Thinking Texas lakes in January...

And yeah, for me the weight difference was an eye opener. I felt like I didn't get enough water to sink my legs until the second dive, those seal's are no joke. Thinking about dumping water in to precharge. Solution for now unfortunately was more weight.

Wow, going from the Henderson 3 to the 7mm is night and day. Temp was 64' and it was toasty. Now I am ready to try my hand at some cooler water. Thinking Texas lakes in January...

And yeah, for me the weight difference was an eye opener. I felt like I didn't get enough water to sink my legs until the second dive, those seal's are no joke. Thinking about dumping water in to precharge. Solution for now unfortunately was more weight.
yeah, peeing in these is an exercise in smelly neoprene because of the low water exchange factor.. just saying.

I truly went a bit over the top in these wetsuits. The factory that makes them had never had anybody even come close in "spare no expense" as far as neoprene choice, features etc and that was my mistake. They were too expensive for me to carry a big enough range of sizes, sex, thickness to take off along with Deep 6 not being big enough yet to support the volume needed.

But, this is a deal for folks now and maybe in the future as we grow they will come back

One thing I did notice was some rubbing on the tops of my arches from the bootie/fin combination. It turns out that the rubber padding stops just a little short of the edge of the fin. Something to consider if you do it again.

I dove the 3mm off south Breakers reef. My comp showed 71F and I was more than warm. The pockets work very nicely for smb and reel in one and wet notes and mask in the other. What Is typically placed in the zippered part of the pockets. I also used a dive skin to make it easier to go on and off.

Dog,
I dive cenotes in my 3mm and a hood where they say a 5mm is the minimum. I would think your lavacore and the 3mm would be fine. I think you will be surprised at how much warmer the D6 3mm suit is than other "normal" Wetsuits. I get hot in mine in Cozumel and flushing it through the neck really doesn't help because they flow so little water. If you try to flush it before you go up the ladder by opening the neck and letting water in, it all goes to the legs and stays. You have to grab and ankle and pull it open to let the water out. I'm still amazed at the deal they offered!

Have fun, I'm looking forward to the trip report!

Merry Christmas Amigo!
Jay

You got me thinking there...
I got the 3mm and I haven't tried it yet. But it seems much warmer than my Bare S-Flex in which I'm pretty comfy. So I'm wondering if it may be a bit too warm for me. Maybe I should change for a 7mm if possible (since it'd be probably more suited for St-Lawrence diving ?)

Damn... I don't know what to do...

Got a chance to use my 7mil.....

I have a Hobie 3/2 that I have used for many years, in all environments. It gets a little chilly below 72F on repetitive dives, and I usually just quit diving for the season when water gets in the 60s. I hate cold water. I have to say that with this 7mm I think I'll finally be able to go year round in FL.....

I'm 5'10" 165. Medium fits perfect in all aspects. I jammed large tumbler cups in the forearms for 24 hrs to open them up a little. As stated by others, the suit allows almost zero water flush. My upper torso was still dry after 30 min in the 68 deg. water.

I had to add 6lbs of extra lead to my rig to balance out. Normally I wear 10lb with the Hobie suit, and I put extra 6lb between my wing and backplate for this one.

We've got a manatee snorkeling trip planned in a couple weeks. Can't wait to show up with this beast on..... Maybe my old Hobie will rip soon so I can get a 3mil version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom