Deep Sea Detectives 6/20/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watched it last night also. Saw the banging and was half expecting a cave-in. I thought he said don't touch anything, everything is delicate from the stalagmites to the stalagtites and here he goes banging away.......

Was a very cool show tho.

doug

Otter:
There outta be a law against cracks like that!

Resistance is futile!

Ok, thats all of the one liners I can currently think of....

OHMS Law?! OK, Im an electrical engineering geek.

PlanoDvr1:
I watched it last night also. Saw the banging and was half expecting a cave-in. I thought he said don't touch anything, everything is delicate from the stalagmites to the stalagtites and here he goes banging away.......

Was a very cool show tho.

doug

I thought the "banging on the roof" was in the first show, where they were trying to alert the top-side group to their location from inside the cave and the lecture on touching, and delicate stalagtites was in the second episode?

Still it's a good point, but I love the show anyway despite it's occasional flaws. It's just nice to get a diving fix when you're not actually in the water.

Otter:
There outta be a law against cracks like that!

Resistance is futile!

Ok, thats all of the one liners I can currently think of....

Hang on, I'm trying to figure out the inverse of H...

wow what a great show since i did the caves in playa---main land side to cozumel--- and i went ot coba... man im going back in jan and it makes me that more exhited to go. like again im going to do the cavren dives and i cant wait. i thought limestone was made only in the ocean floor and not on land. but i know from the dives that the haylocline has salt but limestone is made with pressure.

some thing doesnt seem right. but with time and pressure on the surface its possable
+ the mians could of put limestone on top of the cave to protect it and after the mians had problems with the spanish it could of covered it self and turned to one solid rock

???? we will never know. and thats cool. IMO

Kriterian:
Both shows mention Jeff Bozanic, whom they called the most famous cave diver in the world (or something to the effect). He trained John Chatterton in the first episode and he trains Richie Kohler in the second episode. I'm not into cave diving (yet!), so I'm just wondering if the guy is all that or if it's just Hollywood hype?
No, THE most famous cave diver in the world is Tiger Woods, bar none.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom