DEEP diving photos from Grand Cayman Tek Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
Thanks for sharing Doug! Kim got a new wetsuit! :)

Frist time I've seen pics of someone on a KISS below 200. Good stuff.

I wonder where are the naysayers are who claim that the "good stuff" is all above 60ft? "Nothing to see down there."
\

The "Sponge Belt" starts @ 180' in Grand Cayman. That's where you see sponges as big as VW's. Sponges a whole diver could get inside of. I saw a sponge at 326' last May during Innerspace making it's own light. Aint happen above 60'. Cool stuff. And Doug thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

Bill

Thanks for all of the kind words. My camera setup is a Canon 300D in a Sea & Sea housing with dual Sea & Sea YS-110 strobes. All photos were taken with a 10-22mm lens.

JillGadget:
They are awesome pics... I gotta get a good camera:shakehead:

Doug has a lot more than a good camera. There's a lot of skill going on there as well!

Doug, sounds like a cool dive. Glad the housing survived. Multilevel has to be a lot more fun then hanging in blue water with an underwater video game or a wet book.

Those are some splendid photographs -- The one of deco on the Carrie Lee is particularly nice, I think.

Technical diving would be so much more appealing if it didn't involve an hour of hanging in cold, green pea soup . . .

Very nice photo's!!! Thanks for the great information....Really looks like a great dive trip!!!

nice pics love the one of the divers under the over hang you might look into a aquatica housing they are depth rated to 328 ft they are really built well and would give the extra depth that you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom