Deep Blue movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi folks ... My 11 years old son would love to dive on the airplane that
was seen in the deep blue movie with Jessica Alba ... i've seen somewhere
that is was possible but i am asking you guys some information to help me
to planify a dive trip in this region wich BTW i have no clue where it was !

i am sure to get an answer here !

thanks

The plane used to film the movie can be accessed by diving with Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas on the island of New Providence. It's known as the DC-3 wreck site.

Disclaimer: I work for Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas but DO NOT SPEAK for the company.

thanks a lot ... very good start... how deep is the wreck ?

I think it was around fifty feet, I would need to look at my log to verify that. It is really torn up from the hurricanes that have come thru there the past few years but it is still a good dive.

thanks a lot ... very good start... how deep is the wreck ?

You're welcome. The dive site is near a wall, so if you go that direction first and then swing back to the wreck at the end of the dive, you could go to a hundred feet if both people of the buddy team are diving with a computer. The wreck sits in about 45-50 feet of water.

Depending on if you and your son are willing to stay above 40 feet, there is plenty to see in the area there. It would be up to the dive professional that would be guiding you to monitor the depth, and your willingness to stay above the 40 foot floor to make the dive safe for your son. There is supposed to be a second plane in the area, but I've never seemed to manage to find that (so far) on my handful of dives at that site.

The previous statement that the plane has been damaged by weather is true, but the dive itself is still very nice. If your son is looking for the plane to be intact, sadly, that is not going to be the case.

Disclaimer: I work for Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas but DO NOT SPEAK for the company.

when are you planning on diving that site jfproul?

I 'll probably go there in november 2008 ... i will see with stuart coves if its possible
to dive at those sites with a 12 years old kid dû to the fact that they have to stay
above 40 feet ... as far as i am concern 40 feet in the Bahamas is nothing ...we are
normaly diving in the st-lawrence river in Ontario with 40 feet viz and 3-4 knots
current so my son is well trained for Bahamas ... but common sense is common sense
we'll stay above 40 feet !

one other thing , is stuart coves diving on time meters ? something like 40 minutes
and we go up ?

thanks

I 'll probably go there in november 2008 ... i will see with stuart coves if its possible
to dive at those sites with a 12 years old kid dû to the fact that they have to stay
above 40 feet ... <snip>

Since we take repeat Discover Scuba Diving participants to these sites on occasion, it should be acceptable for your son to dive the same sites.

one other thing , is stuart coves diving on time meters ? something like 40 minutes
and we go up ?

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas does have bottom time limits on the first (guided) dive of the charter, and generally has a 're-board' time for the second dive. If you are first off the boat, you get more time. Please check for a PM with more details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom