Deep 6 is hiring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Ok, thought I would throw this out there.

Thanks to the incredible support of the dive community Deep 6 has been growing fast.

To this point I have been handling most of the shipping, warehouse, daily stuff here in the small city of Forsyth GA by myself. It's reached the point where I need to hire a full time entry level position.

To be honest I can and likely will be looking locally for shipping/warehouse staff as things grow.

However, I would love to get somebody that is interested in working in the dive industry. For the right person it's an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with the company.

Ideally, somebody that can do warehouse work, inventory control, process orders, work on the website, data entry, customer service, equipment repair and service(can teach you equipment repair). Occasional travel to consumer shows and demo days is in the cards. If they are good with photography, light photoshop, graphics work and an ability to write stuff like descriptions is a huge plus.

If the person is an instructor (or interested in being one-) could easily accommodate that and happy to see them schedule classes so forth. The nearest dive shop is half an hour away and there is some local market but honestly isn't what I do. I do have a classroom here, compressor and so forth so the right person could supplement their income that way.

I said it's entry level, then laid out a fair amount of extra stuff that isn't the normal "entry level stuff" but for the right person that wants to work and learn and help build Deep 6 and their own career, it could work.

The down side and up side depending on your perspective, Forsyth is a small "Mayberry" like southern town, 45 mins south of Atlanta and 30 mins north of Macon, GA. It isn't the most exciting/cool place in the world. It is however a nice community. Even worse, there isn't any real local diving, you are going to find yourself 3-4 hours from caves , 5-6 hours from some great offshore diving in either Florida or NC.

Another down side, the pay to start will be very much entry level. $9-11 an hour depending on the candidates experience and qualifications. The pay is pretty much casual labour shipping type pay to start. That said, I would prefer to hire somebody that wants to help grow Deep 6 and their career (and income) at this stage than just "shipping/warehouse" employees. I fully expect that having more typical "shipping/warehouse" positions will be coming quite quickly, and having somebody who moves up to manage the from inside is really important to the long terms plans for Deep 6. Upside is that Forsyth is also a fairly inexpensive place to live.

Benefits, honestly nothing in place. As Deep 6 grows that will be looked at but I don't want to make any promises.

If this interests you, send me a resume at chris @ deep6gear . com.

Last edited:
Let me add that this is only open to people legally permitted to work in the USA, I also encourage ex- military.

Ready to retire. Active diver. What do you have for Canadian retail , wholesale, distribution. PM me if interested. I live in Manitoba Canada

Wish I was ready for a retirement gig.

Open a west coast office and I'm in.

I am using Hollis F1s in XXL and love their stiffness but they are a little heavy. Scuba pro trilaminate drysuit and Apex regs. Great combinations but this Deep6 gear looks darn good. I am located right central Canada.

I am using Hollis F1s in XXL
I was... I like the lightness of the D6 fins far better and they are about the same stiffness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom