Dedicated Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucebowker:
How many have a regulator dedicated to Nitrox only and a 2nd regulator dedicated to air only?

How many use one regulator for both?

Thanks

Bruce

I have one for 100% O2 use with a green hose on my deco bottle; one for 50% nitrox with a yellow hose on a stage bottle; and six others that I use for air or nitrox that are set up for singles or doubles.

Bruce,

All but one of my first stages are O2 clean and compatible. Also, all but one of my SPG's is O2 clean and compatible. The ones that are not rendered O2 clean & compatible are generally set aside for me to use with Grade E or similar breathing air. The others are for me to use either with Nitrox or hyperfiltered air (O2 compatible air - air suitable for use in partial pressure blending of O2 enriched mixtures).

If we have a dive trip where hyperfiltered air and / or Nitrox are not available or logistically difficult to obtain, and we know the equipment will need annual service before the next dive trip, we have used the O2 clean and compatible equipment with Grade E or equivalent air, and then have the equipment serviced to O2 clean & compatible standards before the next trip where we'll use enriched O2 mixtures.

I'm confident we're on the conservative side, but we choose to be on that side. We have experience with industrial use of O2 enrichment, which is considerably more stringent than what we typically see posted for scuba use, and we tend to follow those guidelines.

It's the high pressure components (first stage and SPG) we are primarily concerned with - intermediate pressure equipment such as BC inflator, second stage, etc. is less of a concern personally.

Hope this helps flesh out your survey.

Back
Top Bottom