Dedicated iTTL Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetpilot379

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a dedicated underwater strobe that provides true iTTL performance to Nikon cameras, (without additional converters, adapters, etc)? I have a D200 in a Sea & Sea housing and would prefer not to house an SB800. This would be used primarily for macro. Thanks!

D200, S&S Housing, Nikon 12-24, 105 Micro, 2 SB105's, 2 SS200's

With Digital, TTL is not all that important since you can check the exposure on the fly! In fact Very few Pros (if any) use it!

learn to use other features of your camera such as the histogram to check your exposure.

Take control of your camera, do not let it control you;-)

one more note

I still use the SB-105 strobes for macro, a bit slow on recycle but that is the only negative about these. I am considering getting the Ikelite DS 50s) just for the 6 manual exposure settings ( 10 is you add the Manual controler).

I like to be able to set my strobe at different levels based on the conditions, TTL would not allow this.

Cheers

cb

CB:

Thanks for the feedback.

I will stick with the SB-105's for macro and see how that works out.

Back
Top Bottom