Decompression Modules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
Hey, M . .
Do you have any links for them?

Sorry buddy, I used to have a binder full of hard copy tables I got from an ACUC, BSAC, TDI instructor back in 1990. If I knew where they were or still had them, I would have been glad to scan them.

No luck with google et al ?

Hey, I found the binder (tables). I would rather photocopy and mail them to you. What do you think? I have Canadian Forces Air tables to 240' both air and O2 deco (O2 at 30' :) ) - old material. I have DCIEM (Canadian - Defense and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine) to 150'. I have BSAC-88 tables (British Sub Aqua Club) to 51m. I have lots of NEDU extended range air tables too :) Keep in mind, these tables are from the 1980's, when "bending" 4% of your highly fit divers is acceptable.

The Kracken:
First and foremost:
1 - I'm not trolling
2 - I'm not going to be doing decompression dives without proper training.

Now, all of that said, I was comparing two decompression profiles, one generated by "V-Planner" and the other taken from the U.S. Navy air decompression tables.

The two seem to be siginificantly different.

As specified: 100' dive on air for a period of 40 minutes.

Without getting into the exact bottom time, the two decompression profiles are listed as follows:

V-Planner;
50' for 00:20 min.
40' for 4:00 min.
30' for 7:00 min.
20' for 10:00 min.
10' for 21:00 min.

U.S. Navy
10' for 15 min. (Resulting Pressure Group "K")

I really don't know how to ask this question, but given the comparison, is the Navy table a safe table to use, or is it more for an emergency scenario?

Hey kracken, good question. If you notice that the pressure group at the end of the dive is K , that means there is N2 left in the body at the end of the dive.( that's a bad thing) If you go through the deco theary course , you'll quickly realize that by switching to a high O2 content at the proper depth ,you will start to remove N2 from the body when the body is still under pressure. This will cause you to ON GAS N2 after you are out of the water. When you think about how N2 relates to DCS you'll realize this is a very GOOD THING

Keep those question coming. NOVA :)

Hey Kracken, what Nova was talking about is called the O2 window.

Simply put, by using high o2 levels while under pressure, your EAD or equivalent air depth becomes above the surface. Which weird as it sounds in theory, means that in practice you are sucking the N2 right out of the body in a safe way.

Can't wait to take my advanced nitrox course and then some technical diving classes.

But I've got to finish up my DM first.

The Kracken:
Can't wait to take my advanced nitrox course and then some technical diving classes.

But I've got to finish up my DM first.

You'll also find all those tables that you were looking for , in the back of the book, save up some cash, all the new gear doesn't come cheap!:)

"the Essentials Of Deeper Diving" By John Lippmann
Aqua Questpublications,inc,new York --- Great Book ,covers This Topic Very Well

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom